Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Keep em or throw em away PIOG

Posted by on Jul. 11, 2011 at 7:07 PM
  • 4 Replies

I decided, after going to the yearly homeschooling convention, to change my language arts and math programs. Now I have a grammar book that has been used 3 times and the second half of a 2 book set of math books that was just started. The math is completely my bad because I have known for a while that it wasn't working but decided to push ahead anyways figuring I would finish it off and then start something new BAD MOMMY!!

I just dont know what to do with the workbooks now, do I throw them away even though or? I have no intention of using either with my younger 2 so they are done for me and I cant imagine that anyone else will want them since they have been started I just feel so guilty throwing them out.

I guess this technically could lead to the bigger question of what to keep and what to throw out in general. I have this vision in my head of walking into my bedroom one day and being buried by a mountain of saved school work AHHHH. I have huge guilt about throwing away anything they do, so this vision could very well come to pass. If you see a story on the news about a crazy woman who was buried alive by papers just remember you heard it here first lol.

by on Jul. 11, 2011 at 7:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
MedicMommy
by on Jul. 12, 2011 at 8:31 AM

LOL...make sure you ask for a helmet and shovel for Christmas.

When I decide whether to keep/get rid of something, it comes down to this: Is there anything in there that shows advancement in that area that nothing else will show? Is there anything sentamental?

Follow me on my learning how to be not so mainstream, homeschooling, dealing with infertility blog!
http://mommatoafireboy.blogspot.com/

Feel free to throw coffee at me if I'm grumpy :)

oredeb
by on Jul. 12, 2011 at 11:07 AM

hahahahahahhaha

you can give the half used stuff away to someone who can use them, or go through and save out pages you could use for review or to copy and start a file if you havent already!

Melissa6705
by on Jul. 12, 2011 at 11:22 AM
I post that stuff on my local HS group for free and people always come
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AllThatBabyJazz
by Bronze Member on Jul. 12, 2011 at 11:25 AM

Craigslist it, maybe it can benefit another HS mom 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN