Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

extracurricular events

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2011 at 1:11 PM
  • 8 Replies
What extra activities are your children in? I want to get DD into some other activities but not sure what yet.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 12, 2011 at 1:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
oredeb
by debbie on Jul. 12, 2011 at 1:21 PM

we did soft ball, gymnastics, spanish, drama, hiking club, music

the kids im teaching now do football, hula, music

FlyHippie
by on Jul. 12, 2011 at 1:39 PM

Mine plays basketball and select baseball...and takes drum lessons.

He's also in astronomy club, goes to teen classic movie night and teen movie night and teen "night out" once a month with our homeschool group.

MedicMommy
by on Jul. 12, 2011 at 2:45 PM

AWANAS, probably tae qwon do this year, and I'm trying to find a local 4H program

Follow me on my learning how to be not so mainstream, homeschooling, dealing with infertility blog!
http://mommatoafireboy.blogspot.com/

Feel free to throw coffee at me if I'm grumpy :)

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Jul. 12, 2011 at 6:50 PM
I'm getting ready to find swimming lessons, and i would like to get her into some kind of dance or gymnastics just so she can be more comfortable with her movements. She is one of those kids who LOVES to dance, and thinks she is dancing awesome, but... You know. Lol mommy will always think it is adorable, but she told me the other day her friends were laughing at her. :(
JoyfulMommyof2
by on Jul. 12, 2011 at 8:28 PM

My children are in the homeschool 4-H Club and in Keepers of the Faith clubs, Keepers at Home for my daughter and Contenders of the Faith for my son.  Our local homeschool association also has a private Skate Day once per month and Bowling Day once per month.

My daughter takes art class one night per week.  She has asked to also take piano lessons, so we are looking into that for this school year.

My son earned his black belt in tae kwon do this past year.  He wants to play soccer which will begin next month.

They both go to swim class twice per week.

JoyfulMommyof2

busy mom

timon95
by on Jul. 12, 2011 at 11:03 PM

ds has tried t-ball, soccer and flag football - he is not much into playing sports - just watching. come september he will start drum lessons.

dd takes dance lessons. right now she does tap/jazz/ballet and irish step. she will be adding hip hop to that. she would like to take keyboard lesson. i am thinking of signing her up for gymnastics to help out in her dancing.

they both do AWANA at our church

TroyboysMom
by on Jul. 13, 2011 at 1:28 AM

Ds does soccer, gymnastics, and over the summer does camps offered through our community rec center. During the "school year" he goes to cooking classes and nature studies.

AbundanceMagnet
by on Jul. 13, 2011 at 7:58 AM

None... My kids used to do soccer, etc... but they have no interest in any events these days.  Sometimes its frustrating but they are happy just enjoying each other and their few friends... lol  I guess I can't really say much, I was the same way growing up.  I never got into extra activities!!! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)