Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

New well trained mind book...

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2011 at 7:54 PM
  • 6 Replies
Is there a significant difference between the revised edition and the last one? I JUST got mine from a used book sale before I realized a new one is out.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 12, 2011 at 7:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Danielle163
by on Jul. 12, 2011 at 8:05 PM

I've got the one from 2009--Let me see, I think I read somewhere that there is some different/expanded things for high school (?). Sorry, I really can't remember now.............Is there a newer one than that??

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Jul. 12, 2011 at 8:57 PM
I think one *just* came out. It has a picture of a woman and young girl on it. Mine is red and gold or something like that. Blue and gold? Heck I don't know. Haha
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Danielle163
by on Jul. 12, 2011 at 9:04 PM

Yeah, the one I've got has a woman(dark hair/blue shirt) kind of looking over a little girl's head (green & white striped shirt) as she's reading a book. I heard WTM had great book lists, guides--thats why I bought it. I need all the help I can get.LOL

AbundanceMagnet
by on Jul. 13, 2011 at 7:59 AM

Now I must know.... what is this book about? 

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Jul. 13, 2011 at 8:18 AM
Oooooh I love this book! it is what a lot of people call their homeschool bible. Lol basically it is a very informative book on homeschooling and gives great advice on what to do what year, and how. Lots of tips on how to organize things, gives reviews, etc. It was written for classical education, but it is very helpful regardless of what style you use. I combine classical with Charlotte mason, and used this book along with simply Charlotte mason to plan my fall choices. Between the two it really gave me the confidence to do it on my own.
Before I read the well trained mind, we were considering doing k12.com so I am very grateful for that book!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bren_darlene
by Bronze Member on Jul. 13, 2011 at 9:07 AM

I don't know. I have had my copy for many years. It is about worn out. LOL  I read it alot. :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN