I decided to look into the k12 virtual school. I liked the content for first grade. But I really need some honest feedback to help me more. I want to hear pro's and cons. Here are some initial thoughts:
- Im a 1st time homeschooler and think it could be a good transistion
- BUT I LOVE creating my own theamatic integrated units
- it said dont miss during school days?? but 1st grade I just check in daily with progress, why cant we school on vacation as long as there is internet access? It also said 1year progress in 1 year time, so cant that be august through june, why stick to there schedule?
- If she wants to move faster or already completely gets something can we skip ahead?
- do we get to pick the extra subjects after core?
I know these are more for them to answer me, but at least I have them noted some place for when I call.
Mommy to Corbin (8-epilepsy,autism, add) Kayla (6) Collin (1.5), Wife to Ben-OT, and I love teaching- M.Ed Early Childhood. SAHM & Homeschooling. Come watch us at www.youtube.com/user/1212wright