Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

S/O making money

Posted by on Jul. 13, 2011 at 9:35 PM
  • 7 Replies

I'm going to open an Etsy shop this fall, selling things that I make myself (Herbal remedies, cards, cloth stuff) What sorts of things would you look for in a store like that?

So far I'm thinking CDs, burp cloths, maybe cloth pads, cloth towels (to use instead of paper towels), cloth wipes, aprons, maybe even tote bags or purses eventually.

Suggestions are welcome!

Follow me on my learning how to be not so mainstream, homeschooling, dealing with infertility blog!
http://mommatoafireboy.blogspot.com/

Feel free to throw coffee at me if I'm grumpy :)

by on Jul. 13, 2011 at 9:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Boobah
by Nikki :) on Jul. 13, 2011 at 10:22 PM
Let's see, mine is pretty similar so I'll tell you what I make and maybe it will give you ideas. :)

Cloth diapers
Wet bags (travel and full size)
Mama cloth (and wet bags for them)
unpaper towels, kitchen wet bags
Aprons
Pot holders
Chef hats
Burp cloths
Bibs
Soft toys
Keychain wallets
Wallets
Purses
Tote bags
Back packs
Art bags
Grocery bags
Diaper bags
Mini diaper bags for kids
Mei tei (adult and child size) or slings
Changing pads
Cloth wipes
Tutu's
Twirly skirts
Dresses
Pinafores
Boppy covers
Nursing covers
Nursing pads
Receiving blankets
Swaddle blankets
Changing table covers
Toddler pillowcases
Adult pillowcases

Gosh this could go on forever... I'll stop for now. Haha
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MedicMommy
by on Jul. 14, 2011 at 10:12 AM

Do you wait for a request for a custom order, or do you stock these things?

Follow me on my learning how to be not so mainstream, homeschooling, dealing with infertility blog!

oredeb
by on Jul. 14, 2011 at 11:39 AM

teas, cups, baby powder, herbs for babies, baby blankets, hats, bibs, ointment for diaper rash,  cute little stuffed animals, cloth doll, aprons, beaded items

MedicMommy
by on Jul. 14, 2011 at 11:46 AM

What kinds of teas would you look for? Other than something for diaper rash, what would you want for the baby?

oredeb
by on Jul. 14, 2011 at 12:09 PM

some green teas, herbal teas for overall health, teas that will help certain common sicknesses(colds, throat teas, colic, etc) (i would make them up myself,and you can either make them in tea bags or leave it loose, sell it by the jar)

horehound syrups, horehound loose teas, (you can grow this) mullien, chamomile, lemon balm, different mints, calendula, comfrey,

how bout pkging up some home grown dried herbs! sage, rosemary parsley basil thyme oregano etc

for baby, a calendula cradle cap remedy is good, and directions how to use it, homemade baby and adult soaps w/ your logo on them, make a nice essential oil for babies, lotions, lip balms(homemade), macrame plant hangers? hahah do they make those anymore?! maybe a booklet with baby cures in it, salves for cuts, bruises, etc

cute little sun bonnet for baby with your logo on it, not expensive (seems to be lots of sunny in some areas lately!

Quoting MedicMommy:

What kinds of teas would you look for? Other than something for diaper rash, what would you want for the baby?

AbundanceMagnet
by on Jul. 14, 2011 at 11:38 PM

I'm def interested in the Herbal Remedies!!!!  Looking forward to checking your store out!!!

AllThatBabyJazz
by Bronze Member on Jul. 14, 2011 at 11:40 PM

Good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN