Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Kids CDs that ROCK, suggestions?

Posted by on Jul. 14, 2011 at 12:14 AM
  • 14 Replies

I have a small selection of children's CDs (considering what's available) and every single one has been a gift. Everytime I think to shop for some, I remember all the ones we have that we don't listen too. Trouble is, I don't care too much for what we have, and believe me, I am a tolerant person when it comes to kiddie music and shows. I'd like to find some good quality, appropriate, fun, educational, and diverse listening music for my kids. I've been shopping around recently and am AMAZED at the selection....what Kids CDs to you prefer and what do you like about them? Both Christian and secular suggestions welcome :)

by on Jul. 14, 2011 at 12:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Melissa6705
by on Jul. 14, 2011 at 9:37 AM
Laurie berkner

She is amazing!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
faeriemom1972
by on Jul. 14, 2011 at 12:50 PM

I love anything that Putumayo puts out for adults and children! We still listen to Raffi and Tickle Toon Typhoon. I really hate kidz bop! It's kids singing contemporary music. If I want to listen to contemporary music with my son I'll listen to it by the original artist thankyouverymuch! Obviously I love music geared towards children, but my son also loves Janis Joplin, John Lennon, The Brian Setzer Orchestra, and even Morrissey. That's just to name a few.

misselphaba
by Bronze Member on Jul. 14, 2011 at 2:54 PM

My kids LOVE LOVE LOVE 'They Might be Giants' ~ especially their science cd. 

Other than that, we listen to regular radio music.  My son loves Train and Maroon 5.  My daughter just likes to sing whatever she can.

Lo1427
by on Jul. 14, 2011 at 2:58 PM
My son loves his disney reggae cd. Its disney theme songs sung by reggae artists. Its actually pretty good :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Melissa6705
by on Jul. 14, 2011 at 2:59 PM
Have you heard their adult only version? It is called 88 lines about 44 women....wow funny stuff. I downloaded some of their stuff and was listening to it as I put it on a CD and so not appropriate lol

Quoting misselphaba:

My kids LOVE LOVE LOVE 'They Might be Giants' ~ especially their science cd. 

Other than that, we listen to regular radio music.  My son loves Train and Maroon 5.  My daughter just likes to sing whatever she can.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
misselphaba
by Bronze Member on Jul. 14, 2011 at 3:49 PM

I haven't Melissa.  I'll look it up!  I can't stand the science cd.  The kids learned quite a bit from it, but the songs get stuck in my head. 

maggiemom2000
by Member on Jul. 14, 2011 at 11:33 PM
We love the kids CDs by They Might Be Giants. They come as a set with a CD and DVD of music videos, but don't cost any more than a regular CD.
AllThatBabyJazz
by Bronze Member on Jul. 14, 2011 at 11:38 PM

Laurie Berkner

and

Jim Gill 

MedicMommy
by on Jul. 15, 2011 at 7:18 AM

Actually, Wyatt likes to listen to what we listen to. Lately his favorites are Casting Crowns and Kerrie Robbers. He calls the Kerrie Roberts CD his rock and roll music

Follow me on my learning how to be not so mainstream, homeschooling, dealing with infertility blog!
http://mommatoafireboy.blogspot.com/

Feel free to throw coffee at me if I'm grumpy :)

MommaChell
by on Jul. 17, 2011 at 11:24 PM

Quoting Melissa6705:

Laurie berkner

She is amazing!!

OMGOODNESSS!!!!!!!!! I SO agree, she is STELLLAR!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)