Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Kids CDs that ROCK, suggestions?

Posted by   + Show Post

I have a small selection of children's CDs (considering what's available) and every single one has been a gift. Everytime I think to shop for some, I remember all the ones we have that we don't listen too. Trouble is, I don't care too much for what we have, and believe me, I am a tolerant person when it comes to kiddie music and shows. I'd like to find some good quality, appropriate, fun, educational, and diverse listening music for my kids. I've been shopping around recently and am AMAZED at the selection....what Kids CDs to you prefer and what do you like about them? Both Christian and secular suggestions welcome :)

by on Jul. 14, 2011 at 12:14 AM
Replies (11-14):
MommaChell
by on Jul. 17, 2011 at 11:27 PM

Quoting faeriemom1972:

I love anything that Putumayo puts out for adults and children! We still listen to Raffi and Tickle Toon Typhoon. I really hate kidz bop! It's kids singing contemporary music. If I want to listen to contemporary music with my son I'll listen to it by the original artist thankyouverymuch! Obviously I love music geared towards children, but my son also loves Janis Joplin, John Lennon, The Brian Setzer Orchestra, and even Morrissey. That's just to name a few.

I checked out their kids page, really neat. Thanks so much for sharing this. I like the cultural aspect mucho :)

MommaChell
by on Jul. 17, 2011 at 11:46 PM

I'm familiar with TMBG and enjoy them, I didn't know they had children's CDs. I thought they were the ones who did the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse theme song :)

Jim Gill is new to me; he's fun with a diverse sound and rythem, I like him. Thanks!

misselphaba
by on Jul. 18, 2011 at 5:30 PM
Quoting MommaChell:

I'm familiar with TMBG and enjoy them, I didn't know they had children's CDs. I thought they were the ones who did the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse theme song :)

Jim Gill is new to me; he's fun with a diverse sound and rythem, I like him. Thanks!

They did. And "Higglytown Heroes".
MommaChell
by on Jul. 21, 2011 at 2:13 AM

I was fortunate enought to be able to get some of the CDs through the library, yay for me :D

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN