Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Does anyone understand? OT

Posted by   + Show Post

Now this isn't about agreeing, just understanding....

I am a single mom with three kids girls 7 and 6 and a boy 3.  We live in a small 3 bedroom.  I have decided that I am going to switch rooms with my girls.  So I'll have one of the tiny rooms, and they'll have the small master.

My mom, dad, and grandmother have all looked at me funny and asked why I was doing that.  I tried to explain-it's just me and theres two of them.  They can have a bit of room to play-that doesn't involve dragging all of their toys to the living room.  They could use the bigger closet.  Everyone just keeps reiterating that the adult needs the bigger room/private bathroom. (I know plenty of families that only have one bathroom)

Whether you would do it or not, does anyone understand why I'm doing the switch?

Gotta get back to work, I want it all settled before we start school 8/15 (there I got school in the post)

by on Jul. 14, 2011 at 1:14 PM
Replies (11-17):
FlyHippie
by on Jul. 14, 2011 at 5:50 PM

Totally understand and I would probably do the same thing...

MelodysLove
by on Jul. 14, 2011 at 5:54 PM

I understand why.

oredeb
by on Jul. 14, 2011 at 6:27 PM

oh yes i understand very well! had to do it myself with my 3girls and son when i was single! why would i take the biggest bedroom when the 3 girls would fit in it better! hahah

faeriemom1972
by on Jul. 14, 2011 at 7:16 PM

Not only do I understand, I applaud you. I was a single mom until my dd (now 20) was 5 years old. We lived in a small one bedroom apartment and she got the bedroom. I had a pullout couch in the living room and it worked fine. She needed the room, she was a little child with a lot of toys. I was going to decorate the living room as I saw fit anyway so it seemed the logical decision.

oahoah
by Member on Jul. 14, 2011 at 9:58 PM

Yes I can understand you but maybe your family is just thinking you are giving too much of yourself.

AbundanceMagnet
by on Jul. 14, 2011 at 11:22 PM

I totally understand it!!!  We only have one bathroom here.. well sorta a half too (in the laundry room there is a toilet and a sink)

As far as the room change- I think its a great idea!  At our last house our boys had the bigger room with a half bath in it.  We didn't have bathroom in ours :)

Post some pics when the switch is done!!! :) 

mom2queenie2004
by on Jul. 15, 2011 at 6:29 AM

I think we all understand, but you are talking to a bunch of women that no longer have dining rooms, kitchen tables or couch space because they are used for school space.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN