Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Homeschool Co-Ops?

Posted by on Jul. 15, 2011 at 7:27 AM
  • 9 Replies

Will you be a part of a homeschool co-op/group this year?  And if so, when do you start getting together and what does your group do?

I am part of a group where everyone posts on a wesbsite if there is something they want to do, the person posting hosts the event, sometimes educational, sometimes fun.  We do it all year round and its free unless the event costs $.  :) 

Married, Self Employed, Homeschooling mom to 4 amazing boys!

Matthew (11) Andrew (9) Jordan (7) and Devon (2)

Follow me to http://www.cafemom.com/group/114079 to meet other Homeschooling Moms!

by on Jul. 15, 2011 at 7:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Melissa6705
by on Jul. 15, 2011 at 7:28 AM
We have this too plus I am on a meetup group
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Boobah
by Nikki :) on Jul. 15, 2011 at 8:28 AM
I want to find a coop that does that. Currently the coops around me are all the teaching kind (come every Monday, different people teach different subjects, etc) and I don't need that, I just need a group to hang out with and do things with.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Melissa6705
by on Jul. 15, 2011 at 8:46 AM
Have you tried meetup.com for homeschool groups? I found some great ones in my area

Quoting Boobah:

I want to find a coop that does that. Currently the coops around me are all the teaching kind (come every Monday, different people teach different subjects, etc) and I don't need that, I just need a group to hang out with and do things with.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KDBeckham
by on Jul. 15, 2011 at 9:07 AM

We will be joining one this year, since it is our first year and I've been told I need that other adult interaction for the crazy & stressful times that are sure to follow. I have not mailed in my membership form yet. However according to last years information they start meetings in August & classes in September. They have a field trip planned group wide every month for the full year.

MedicMommy
by on Jul. 15, 2011 at 9:11 AM

We have a local homeschool group that plans several get togethers, as well as field trips. It isn't so much a co-op though. 

I am actually in the process of working with my church to get a homeschoolers group put together there, too :)

Follow me on my learning how to be not so mainstream, homeschooling, dealing with infertility blog!
http://mommatoafireboy.blogspot.com/

Feel free to throw coffee at me if I'm grumpy :)

oredeb
by on Jul. 15, 2011 at 12:57 PM

yes, our church does one,

we start up in sept,

we do music, cooking, handwriting, whatever the need is

AbundanceMagnet
by on Jul. 15, 2011 at 5:11 PM

Quoting Boobah:

Its awesome!  I dont' need the teaching stuff either.  We tried that one time, my kids were totally not into it.  You could always start a group of your own???

Follow me to http://www.cafemom.com/group/114079 to meet other Homeschooling Moms!

AbundanceMagnet
by on Jul. 15, 2011 at 5:16 PM

Quoting KDBeckham:

We will be joining one this year, since it is our first year and I've been told I need that other adult interaction for the crazy & stressful times that are sure to follow. I have not mailed in my membership form yet. However according to last years information they start meetings in August & classes in September. They have a field trip planned group wide every month for the full year.

I agree with people saying you need the adult interaction.   It really helps to talk to other people going through the same things as you and when you are feeling unsure there are always those long time homeschooling moms that have great advice and help you relax :)  I don't think I would have made it this far without the support of other homeschooling families (not just in a group)

momversuswild
by on Jul. 16, 2011 at 10:41 AM

Quoting Boobah:

I want this too!!!!  We just want folks to hang out with three or four times a month. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN