Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What does your desk look like?

Posted by on Jul. 15, 2011 at 7:28 PM
  • 8 Replies

I am pretty much a neat freak when it comes to my house.  Everything is always cleaned up, I sweep, mop, do laundry, clean bathrooms daily.. but my desk is always a mess!!  How about yours?  Am I the only one with some serious disorganization there??

Married, Self Employed, Homeschooling mom to 4 amazing boys!

Matthew (11) Andrew (9) Jordan (7) and Devon (2)

Follow me to to meet other Homeschooling Moms!

by on Jul. 15, 2011 at 7:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
by on Jul. 15, 2011 at 7:38 PM

My desk use to always be a mess but it hasn't been for awhile.  I have some old bills to put up but other then that it's pretty clean.  Now the rest of the house is a nother story.  It's hard to keep it clean and picked up.  It's never ending! 

by on Jul. 15, 2011 at 9:57 PM
Ummmm, i go through phases. Right now my desk is downstairs and is a disaster. Out of sight out of mind. Well, my office desk anyway. My homeschool desk is clean, and I want to add more organization to it.

The downstairs one though, seriously. I feel awful with how bad it is because I used to keep it perfectly organized. Now when I go down I have no time to spare and it is all spent sewing (during dd's nap) so I haven't been able to get to the paperwork.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 16, 2011 at 1:10 AM
My desk is generally cleanish - if I've been sewing, then it's a total mess! It's nearly impossible to keep my sewing area clean when I'm working on a project. I try...but, as they say, a creative mess is better than tidy idleness.
by on Jul. 16, 2011 at 10:22 AM

It really depends on the day and what I've been doing. I have a table for crafting and such, so DS and DH use the desk mostly. I have a laptop. Most of the homeschooling stuff is in a binder. What we aren't using is stored in an entertainment center

Follow me on my learning how to be not so mainstream, homeschooling, dealing with infertility blog!

Feel free to throw coffee at me if I'm grumpy :)

by on Jul. 16, 2011 at 10:30 AM

Well I am going through a huge change in where we homeschool. We have an extrememly small house & are going to start doing some expansions in the next year so, we sold our dining room table (actually it was his & I didn't like it & I have one that we will use once we get more room) and are using the kitchen/dining area for homeschool. I am going to buy 2 desks for the oldest 2 along with chairs & a new desk for me. We have a desk in the bedroom that has the desktop computer on it, but I want one for my laptop & all of my homeschool stuff that I will be using. I am praying that I can keep it organized since it will be the first thing you see when you look past the living room once you walk into the house simple smile

by on Jul. 16, 2011 at 8:34 PM

It's mostly clean at this very moment. I've got work stuff on it and a few odds & ins but I can still see plenty of actual desk surface so I would say it doesn't look too bad. I try to keep the surface cleaned off as much as possible, though that isn't always how it goes down.

by on Jul. 18, 2011 at 12:57 AM

Um, don't ask, lol :D

I just re-organized our office/school room this weekend, so things are looking GOOD.

by on Jul. 18, 2011 at 2:59 AM

My deskin the classroom stays organized. Simply because I'm a total neat freak in the classroom because I have a lot of money in it. Manipluatives and curriculum such is expensive. I stress to the kids to put things back where they go (moreso in the classroom than anywhere else) so I try to set a good example.

I have a small table next to my big round chair in the living room where my laptop lives. I try to keep it fairly clean/organized as well since it's quite visable to guests.

Hubby's "desk" is a tiny table that houses his netbookand my kindle. Then he keeps his papers and such on top of books on the bookshelf! LOL I need to rearrange so the bottom shelf on the table can house his stuff so my bookshelf can stay semi-clean looking! LOL

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN