Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

What does your desk look like?

Posted by on Jul. 15, 2011 at 7:28 PM
  • 8 Replies

I am pretty much a neat freak when it comes to my house.  Everything is always cleaned up, I sweep, mop, do laundry, clean bathrooms daily.. but my desk is always a mess!!  How about yours?  Am I the only one with some serious disorganization there??

Married, Self Employed, Homeschooling mom to 4 amazing boys!

Matthew (11) Andrew (9) Jordan (7) and Devon (2)

Follow me to http://www.cafemom.com/group/114079 to meet other Homeschooling Moms!

by on Jul. 15, 2011 at 7:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Mamagirlz
by on Jul. 15, 2011 at 7:38 PM

My desk use to always be a mess but it hasn't been for awhile.  I have some old bills to put up but other then that it's pretty clean.  Now the rest of the house is a nother story.  It's hard to keep it clean and picked up.  It's never ending! 

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Jul. 15, 2011 at 9:57 PM
Ummmm, i go through phases. Right now my desk is downstairs and is a disaster. Out of sight out of mind. Well, my office desk anyway. My homeschool desk is clean, and I want to add more organization to it.

The downstairs one though, seriously. I feel awful with how bad it is because I used to keep it perfectly organized. Now when I go down I have no time to spare and it is all spent sewing (during dd's nap) so I haven't been able to get to the paperwork.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
misselphaba
by Bronze Member on Jul. 16, 2011 at 1:10 AM
My desk is generally cleanish - if I've been sewing, then it's a total mess! It's nearly impossible to keep my sewing area clean when I'm working on a project. I try...but, as they say, a creative mess is better than tidy idleness.
MedicMommy
by on Jul. 16, 2011 at 10:22 AM

It really depends on the day and what I've been doing. I have a table for crafting and such, so DS and DH use the desk mostly. I have a laptop. Most of the homeschooling stuff is in a binder. What we aren't using is stored in an entertainment center

Follow me on my learning how to be not so mainstream, homeschooling, dealing with infertility blog!
http://mommatoafireboy.blogspot.com/

Feel free to throw coffee at me if I'm grumpy :)

KDBeckham
by on Jul. 16, 2011 at 10:30 AM

Well I am going through a huge change in where we homeschool. We have an extrememly small house & are going to start doing some expansions in the next year so, we sold our dining room table (actually it was his & I didn't like it & I have one that we will use once we get more room) and are using the kitchen/dining area for homeschool. I am going to buy 2 desks for the oldest 2 along with chairs & a new desk for me. We have a desk in the bedroom that has the desktop computer on it, but I want one for my laptop & all of my homeschool stuff that I will be using. I am praying that I can keep it organized since it will be the first thing you see when you look past the living room once you walk into the house simple smile

fygfitness_mom
by on Jul. 16, 2011 at 8:34 PM

It's mostly clean at this very moment. I've got work stuff on it and a few odds & ins but I can still see plenty of actual desk surface so I would say it doesn't look too bad. I try to keep the surface cleaned off as much as possible, though that isn't always how it goes down.

MommaChell
by on Jul. 18, 2011 at 12:57 AM

Um, don't ask, lol :D

I just re-organized our office/school room this weekend, so things are looking GOOD.

SimplySonita
by on Jul. 18, 2011 at 2:59 AM

My deskin the classroom stays organized. Simply because I'm a total neat freak in the classroom because I have a lot of money in it. Manipluatives and curriculum such is expensive. I stress to the kids to put things back where they go (moreso in the classroom than anywhere else) so I try to set a good example.

I have a small table next to my big round chair in the living room where my laptop lives. I try to keep it fairly clean/organized as well since it's quite visable to guests.

Hubby's "desk" is a tiny table that houses his netbookand my kindle. Then he keeps his papers and such on top of books on the bookshelf! LOL I need to rearrange so the bottom shelf on the table can house his stuff so my bookshelf can stay semi-clean looking! LOL

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)