Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

What do you love

Posted by on Jul. 16, 2011 at 11:48 AM
  • 11 Replies

about each season? Which is yourfavorite? 

It hurts my heart to see so many moms saying they can't wait for Fall so their kids go back to school. 

Follow me on my learning how to be not so mainstream, homeschooling, dealing with infertility blog!
http://mommatoafireboy.blogspot.com/

Feel free to throw coffee at me if I'm grumpy :)

by on Jul. 16, 2011 at 11:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
oredeb
by on Jul. 16, 2011 at 12:03 PM

i love fall !!! i love to see the kids go back to school!! cuz i do also!!!!hahha

i love fall, cuz its cold, and frosty, nice breezes, burning leaves fill the air, it gets dark sooner, playing in the leaves,  pumpkins are ripe for the picking, theres an echo in the air, the sun is not as hot, the autumn garden,  the leaves, the hay rides,

KDBeckham
by on Jul. 16, 2011 at 12:32 PM

I agree with you big time about the "waiting for school to start." That is sickening in more ways than one!! I feel so blessed to be able to do this now & couldn't imagine it any other way. I missed so much of Austin's learning this past year and wish I could get it back. The benefit was though that his teacher & I were great friends & still continue to be friends to this day, so I got lots of information on his learning and progress throughout the year.

Anyways my favorite season is Winter...I love that time of year for several reasons we have so many birthday's that season & I love Christmas time because of the reason we celebrate "Christ's birth". I also love winter because you can snuggle up with a warm blanket, some hot cocoa, soup, a favorite movie & just be comfortable where ever you are.

faeriemom1972
by on Jul. 16, 2011 at 12:37 PM

I love the fall, the cool, crisp air, the leaves changing is so beautiful here. My husband and I were married on Halloween so we always have fun with that. Also, Thanksgiving is my favourite holiday. I also love early Spring, I observe the season of Lent and attend each service of Holy week. Despite how strange that seems to people that know me. I think I like Spring because of the whole rebirth and renewal thing.

I agree about the moms being excited for school to start thing. I hated it myself. Sending my daughter to school was very stressful for me, I wish I could have home-schooled her.

MedicMommy
by on Jul. 16, 2011 at 1:16 PM

My favorite thing about each season:

Summer~The beach! I love the smell of the ocean, and I love that we can go less than 2 hours to get to 2 large beaches, and 15 minutes to get to the lake. 

Fall~The smells, the craft fairs, the way the air is cool and crisp. I love to have a bon fire and roast S'mores. Plus I love decoratingmy house for fall

Winter~Well, I'm glad we don't have the snow that we had before we moved. But I love to curl up with a blanket and some coffee (cocoa for Wyatt) and watch movies when there's nasty winter weather

Spring~ I love how it warms up. The flowers are blooming, we can spend more time outside...

I think my favorite though, is Fall :)

Follow me on my learning how to be not so mainstream, homeschooling, dealing with infertility blog!
http://mommatoafireboy.blogspot.com/

Feel free to throw coffee at me if I'm grumpy :)

WHITELIGHTJENNY
by on Jul. 16, 2011 at 10:15 PM
I love my kids to b around me
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
misselphaba
by Bronze Member on Jul. 16, 2011 at 11:37 PM
Fall is my favorite. Followed by winter, spring, then summer.

I love *everything* about fall!! The smells, the sounds, the weather! Everything! I count down the days to fall.

Winter's next. I love the snow, the cold, the silence after a snowfall, the long nights, hot chocolate...

Spring is next. I like spring here because it snows a lot. It's not too hot.

Summer is NOT on my list of faves. I *HATE* summer! Hate it. It's hot. The days are too long. I hate that it is light out for so long. I prefer to get up when it's dark and have it dark by 4:30. I mostly hate being hot. Hate it with a passion.
timon95
by on Jul. 16, 2011 at 11:43 PM

well, i do not love the heat of summer, but i love how my lilies smell when i walk out my front door. i hate the cold of winter, but i love to watch the snow fall. i love the look of the foliage in the fall. and spring...well, not too cold not too hot and my flowers and bushes start to look good again. of course, i enjoy all season b/c my kids enjoy each new season and the activities that go with it!

shjohnson
by on Jul. 17, 2011 at 5:22 AM
Like mostly everyone else I love the fall. I am now looking forward to school starting because I don't have to send my child anyway for the entire day and have no clear picture of what he's learned or done in school! But seriously I love just about everything about fall but what I love most is the weather. A close second is spring followed by winter and summer is last. I'm from ga, the heat is just terrible!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AbundanceMagnet
by on Jul. 17, 2011 at 6:25 AM

Here in Fl we don't really have REAL seasons.  lol  I guess Spring though, its prob the least hot, but not too cold either.  lol 

JoyfulMommyof2
by on Jul. 17, 2011 at 10:54 PM

Definitely Spring!

I always start school by the first week of August (if not the end of July) so that we can finish during April!  (We don't take all those one-day holidays.)  

We love being outside in April and May as much as possible!

My passion is flower gardening/landscaping.  I love getting the flower beds ready and planted and mulched.  I love trimming the trees and shrubs.  I love seeing my irises and daylilies blooming.  I love everything about it!!

I also love watching my children play on the trampoline and swing set and treehouse.  I love going camping and playing horseshoes and riding bikes with them.  I live in Louisiana, and July and August are sooooo hot.  We may as well have school then anyhow and enjoy the wonderful Spring time outdoors doing what we love. 

(My son and daughter have each their own flower bed, too, which they plant and take care of.  They're so proud when they are done--and we can count that as Science, right?) 

JoyfulMommyof2

busy mom

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)