Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Changes

Posted by on Jul. 16, 2011 at 11:48 AM
  • 6 Replies

Since you've started homeschooling, what other changes have you noticed in your family?

Follow me on my learning how to be not so mainstream, homeschooling, dealing with infertility blog!
http://mommatoafireboy.blogspot.com/

Feel free to throw coffee at me if I'm grumpy :)

by on Jul. 16, 2011 at 11:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
KDBeckham
by on Jul. 16, 2011 at 12:25 PM

Since we aren't full on homeschooling with our full time schedule its hard to say if any more new changes will occur. However, I have noticed my kids are a lot more relaxed  not having to leave 2 times a day in order to drop off & pick up for PS. Also the kids don't get sick as often (I know its summer, however my ds6 1/2 has asthma & environmental allergies so we are prone to sickness any time) and they are more willing to cooperate with our new schedule of working together to keep the house clean so we can enjoy free time together.

faeriemom1972
by on Jul. 16, 2011 at 12:32 PM

Well, my son is only 5 so we haven't really started anything yet. I can say that when the decision was made and we were firm about the whole homeschooling thing the relief and joy my dh and I felt was palpable. We became even more jazzed after attending the homeschoolers convention last month. I tend to see everything as an adventure and this is no different. Not sending my son off to school in Sept. makes me feel like a huge weight has been lifted.

MrsHubler
by on Jul. 16, 2011 at 4:36 PM

Since we started homeschooling, I have noticed a blossoming in Loren's learning abilitly and what she retains.  She also wants to learn and do homeschooling every day; so it makes it easy for us!

Within our family, I have noticed a closeness on and in everything ewe do.

AbundanceMagnet
by on Jul. 17, 2011 at 6:48 AM

Everyone is happier, much more open, relaxed... not afraid to be who they are :) 

MedicMommy
by on Jul. 17, 2011 at 11:01 AM

Just since making the decision, we are all (including Wyatt) much more laid back. He was getting into so much trouble in school, and I think part of that was boredom.

I've also noticed that I tend to be a little more natural in my parenting. I'm a lot more of an attached parent. I guess I always was, but now it just seems more natural and...seamless. 

Follow me on my learning how to be not so mainstream, homeschooling, dealing with infertility blog!
http://mommatoafireboy.blogspot.com/

Feel free to throw coffee at me if I'm grumpy :)

JoyfulMommyof2
by on Jul. 17, 2011 at 10:36 PM

Both of my children have always been homeschooled!  It's the only way of life they know, and I praise God to be able to do it!  I can't imagine how hard it would be dropping them off five days a week, nine months a year.  I would be heart-broken and worry about how they are being influenced all day long.  I'm so grateful!!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)