Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

How are you about having your childrens neighborhood friends over?  I try to avoid it all the time.  My kids are always asking for their friends to come in and as soon as I get out of the car from work their friends are bombarding me to come over.  It drives me nuts...  I feel bad for my kids but I'm just not that kind of mom.  I"m working on it.  I was having them in for a while and taking them places with us but I just find it stressful! I also feel like my kids are never invited to their house and their parents keep no control.... its like they are sending them out the door as soon as I pull up.  Am I the only one???? 

P.S.  WE have moved a lot in the last 2yrs and I swear its been the same in every neighborhood!!!! 

Married, Self Employed, Homeschooling mom to 4 amazing boys!

Matthew (11) Andrew (9) Jordan (7) and Devon (2)

Follow me to http://www.cafemom.com/group/114079 to meet other Homeschooling Moms!

by on Jul. 17, 2011 at 6:40 AM
Replies (11-13):
luvthesoap
by on Jul. 18, 2011 at 12:10 PM

Our house is the house that ALL the kids are! MY kids are older now, so the "kids" are moistly young adults. IT's pretty normal for us to have 14-18 people here at on time. WE always have people sitting on the floor beacuse there';s not enough chairs to go around.

Betty in KY

oredeb
by on Jul. 18, 2011 at 12:15 PM

i dont mind kids comin over! the more the merrier!! i love watching them have fun!

Lynette
by Member on Jul. 18, 2011 at 12:25 PM

so far I haven't let neighbor kids in the house.  But we do have the "fun" backyard(rainbow playset, sandbox, a shed the kids turned into a fort, & our  dog who often goes out to play w/ them.  So when we pull up they come running to play w/ our kids in our yard.  I prefer they play in our yard.  Then I can see whats going on from my kitchen window. 

Lynette-Homeschooling SAHM  of  boys ages 5 and 8 and a 2yr old girl.  Living in WI. 

Come join me in LDS Homeschoolers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN