Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Just wondering where do you do most of your grocery shopping?

For me I do most of my shopping at WalMart.  I get all of my cleaning supplies for work from Target... and when I can I hit Aldi because its sooo cheap (just not close) 

Married, Self Employed, Homeschooling mom to 4 amazing boys!

Matthew (11) Andrew (9) Jordan (7) and Devon (2)

Follow me to http://www.cafemom.com/group/114079 to meet other Homeschooling Moms!

by on Jul. 17, 2011 at 7:11 AM
Replies (11-19):
SimplySonita
by on Jul. 18, 2011 at 2:41 AM

My weekly shopping is:

Dollar tree for a few snacks

Local grocery store for meat and produce

walmart for the 'middle' of the store stuff LOL

Every 3-4 months a trip to Sam's and about every 2 months a trip to Kroger (neither are in our town)

I also despise Walmart, but, in a rural area, it's about our only option. I highly sugget watching the documentary 'Walmart: The high cost of low price' It really is sad what a walmart will do to a local economy and it's employees.

randyxtracie
by on Jul. 18, 2011 at 8:31 AM

We also try to avoid Walmart if at all possible.  Most of our weekly groceries come from either Bi-Lo or Food Lion.  I try to stock up on paper products, cleaning supplies and some snack items at Costco once or twice a month.  Before Costco opened in our area last year, I used Walmart simply because there was no good alternative.  We have 5 children and go through lots and lots of groceries. 

misselphaba
by on Jul. 18, 2011 at 9:21 AM
I go to Costco for meat, veggies, and green tea. I go to Wal-Mart for my big grocery shopping. I go to Target for things during the week, if I need to go there anyway.
RheaF
by Member on Jul. 18, 2011 at 9:22 AM

Walmart and BJ's

luvthesoap
by on Jul. 18, 2011 at 12:07 PM

I do most of my shopping at Aldis. What I can't get there, I glo to Wal Mart.

Betty in KY

oredeb
by on Jul. 18, 2011 at 1:21 PM

winco- canned foods, some condiments, vegetables, bulk items, honey,  peanut butter, water,

grocery outlet-cheeses

walmart- canned foods,

sav a lot-canned foods

couple other places that have good prices that dont have a name

farmers markets- vegetables

pick your own farms- vegeatables and fruits

cash and carry- bulk flours, oils, coffee cups, bulk meats, bulk vegetables

sometimes costco- spices and herbs for cooking, i shop there for the church supplies also paper stuff, silverware, cleaners,

__Heather__
by on Jul. 18, 2011 at 8:49 PM

Mostly Kroger.  I WISH, WISH, WISH there was a local butcher within 20-30 miles of me.  There is an amazing farmers market 30-35 minutes from me, but I don't get over there often.

Wife to Nick - May 7. 2000

Homeschooling Noah (7) 2nd Grade

BJU Bible Truths, Reading, English, Spelling, Math, Handwriting, Heritage Studies, Apologia Astronomy, Teaching Art to Children, Ready to Read Music, reading mounds of books and classical literature

Plans for this year: Swimming, Soccer, Cub Scouts

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Jul. 19, 2011 at 8:54 AM
Mainly kroger because I load the card with coupons, love that. But I also try to shop at the main street market close by, or the iga.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mamagirlz
by on Jul. 19, 2011 at 10:39 AM

We shop at Aldi's & Kroger the most.  We go to Walmart for things we can't get other places.  And just got a membership to Sam's Club.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN