Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Buying Bulk Craft Supplies?

Posted by on Jul. 18, 2011 at 1:11 AM
  • 8 Replies

I'm new to shopping for bulk craft supplies and wondering where some of you get your best buys. I'd also like to know what materials you favor (@Sonita- I haven't forgotten about glue, hehehe). I'm willing to shop IRL or online. Thanks all~

by on Jul. 18, 2011 at 1:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
SimplySonita
by on Jul. 18, 2011 at 2:46 AM

I honestly just watch for the back to school deals.

You find good deals in weird places sometimes, like the cheapest crayons I sawlast year were at Kroger, so I stocked up.

Office supply stores usually have good sales Staples (I think it was) had a $0.01 sale and I got paper (For printing/copying) for$0.01!! pencils, etc. I got a good deal on a dry erase board at Sam's.

Take a whole paycheck and buy glue! LOL

I buy brand name glue and crayons, the off brandsjust do NOT work the same. I prefer crayola markers as well, but usually buy off brand because my kidsleave the tops off so often!

Playdough is cheaper at Christmas (yes, I consider it a school supply! LOL)

misselphaba
by Bronze Member on Jul. 18, 2011 at 9:27 AM
We don't really do bulk. I buy a lot of stuff during back to school sales time. My mil keeps my kids supplied with crayons, markers, and colored pencils when Toys 'r' us does their buy 1 get 2 free crayola deals. I pick things up when they are on a good deal at the store.
sunshine80
by on Jul. 18, 2011 at 10:45 AM

I've found it's cheaper to buy at the back to school sales.  I just stock up then. 

~ marisa

oredeb
by debbie on Jul. 18, 2011 at 1:34 PM

office supply places sometimes have good deals for bulk colored paper, pencils, etc

walmart generally has great prices for all the back to school craft supplies

bi mart is another good place for colored pencils, crayons,

news paper office have end rolls of huge news print that you can buy cheap

even dollar store willl have a few good things like glue, paper, crayons, fealthers, pompoms, clip art stuff, stickers,

MedicMommy
by on Jul. 18, 2011 at 2:09 PM

I stock up when it's on sale. Try Oriental Trading Company too :)

Follow me on my learning how to be not so mainstream, homeschooling, dealing with infertility blog!
http://mommatoafireboy.blogspot.com/

Feel free to throw coffee at me if I'm grumpy :)

MommaChell
by on Jul. 21, 2011 at 2:31 AM

Thanks for the tips Ladies. Now I just need to find out where the sales are and when!

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Jul. 21, 2011 at 7:12 AM
Thank you for this!

Quoting SimplySonita:

I honestly just watch for the back to school deals.

You find good deals in weird places sometimes, like the cheapest crayons I sawlast year were at Kroger, so I stocked up.

Office supply stores usually have good sales Staples (I think it was) had a $0.01 sale and I got paper (For printing/copying) for$0.01!! pencils, etc. I got a good deal on a dry erase board at Sam's.

Take a whole paycheck and buy glue! LOL

I buy brand name glue and crayons, the off brandsjust do NOT work the same. I prefer crayola markers as well, but usually buy off brand because my kidsleave the tops off so often!

Playdough is cheaper at Christmas (yes, I consider it a school supply! LOL)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mynameismuerte
by on Jul. 21, 2011 at 9:28 AM

I agree with watching back to school sales.  This week target has their drawing paper and construction paper on sale for a dollar.  This is the perfect time of year for most items.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)