Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Crayons, colored pencials or markers?

Posted by on Jul. 18, 2011 at 2:50 AM
  • 18 Replies

What do your kids prefer and how old are they?

DS4 prefers paint for EVERYTHING haha but he likes markers best but uses crayons most often.

DS7 has always been a crayon kinda guy until recently and now he's startingto prefer pencils (I think because he can get greater detailfrom them)

by on Jul. 18, 2011 at 2:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TroyboysMom
by on Jul. 18, 2011 at 3:55 AM

It depends on what he's doing. He tends to lean more toward paint, colored pencils or pastels, though.

KDBeckham
by on Jul. 18, 2011 at 7:13 AM

Wow...for my oldest ds 6 1/2 he uses it all...I have a little Picaso on my hands & he can't get enough of anything colorful.

DD4 will use whatever is most convenient, she is an easy child to please so it doesn't take much!

hailnbray
by on Jul. 18, 2011 at 9:06 AM

my 7 yr old loves pencils, my 4 yr old lives markers. i would rather crayons

MrsHubler
by on Jul. 18, 2011 at 9:16 AM

My daughter prefers markers over everything; but mostly uses crayons because I am a neat freak!

misselphaba
by Bronze Member on Jul. 18, 2011 at 9:18 AM
My kids prefer whatever is handy that will write. LOL. As long as it writes, they are happy. I, on the other hand, hate markers! I hate how it gets all over the saide of their hand.
MedicMommy
by on Jul. 18, 2011 at 11:53 AM

DS has absolutely no preference. He will grab whatever is handy

Follow me on my learning how to be not so mainstream, homeschooling, dealing with infertility blog!
http://mommatoafireboy.blogspot.com/

Feel free to throw coffee at me if I'm grumpy :)

SouthernMama08
by on Jul. 18, 2011 at 12:10 PM

My son is 3.5 years and prefers markers.

oredeb
by on Jul. 18, 2011 at 12:13 PM

Colored pencils or markers the kids are 9,10, 12, 13,14

__Heather__
by on Jul. 18, 2011 at 7:29 PM

Crayola Sticks, or markers for my son (7), markers for me (33) :)

Homeschooling Noah(7) Grade 2

BJU Bible Truths, Reading, English, Spelling, Math, Handwriting, Heritage Studies, Apologia Astronomy, Teaching Art to Children, Ready to Read Music, reading mounds of books and classical literature

Plans for this year: Swimming, Soccer, Cub Scouts

wright1212
by on Jul. 19, 2011 at 8:27 AM

I asked my son's OT why he prefers markers. She said its a developmental thing. Children with less fine motor control like markers because they glide over the page easier and require less strength! So now I rarely let him use them. So I try to make him use the new dry erase crayons since they are tough.

I prefer they use twistable crayons-so neat and clean- <3 them.

DD6 likes anything she can get her hands on, she went nuts over bath crayons and create a wall mural, she has added ALOT to it since this pic.

Mommy to Corbin (8-epilepsy,autism, add) Kayla (6) Collin (1.5), Wife to Ben-OT, and I love teaching- M.Ed Early Childhood. SAHM & Homeschooling. Come watch us at www.youtube.com/user/1212wright

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)