Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Crayons, colored pencials or markers?

Posted by   + Show Post

What do your kids prefer and how old are they?

DS4 prefers paint for EVERYTHING haha but he likes markers best but uses crayons most often.

DS7 has always been a crayon kinda guy until recently and now he's startingto prefer pencils (I think because he can get greater detailfrom them)

by on Jul. 18, 2011 at 2:50 AM
Replies (11-18):
Boobah
by Nikki :) on Jul. 19, 2011 at 8:45 AM
My girls prefer markers, I prefer colored pencils because they don't melt and they are less messy. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mom71307
by on Jul. 19, 2011 at 8:46 AM

My 4 yr old is enthralled by pens and pencils... not colored ones either!  My son just wants whatever big sister has so we mostly use crayon and colored pencil!

buzymom93
by on Jul. 19, 2011 at 9:18 AM

my son uses it all!  but lately has seemed to like markers...

Christian Homeschooling Mamma to two wonderful, busy, animal loving boys... Mario, 18yrs, and Isaiah, 6yrs

Check out my blog:    http://ourcrazyhomeschoollife.blogspot.com/

luvthesoap
by on Jul. 19, 2011 at 5:55 PM

My son is 16 & uses only colored pencils ( prismcolor)

Betty in Ky

Melissa6705
by on Jul. 20, 2011 at 10:31 PM
Anything that she can color with she will
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
timon95
by on Jul. 20, 2011 at 10:43 PM

depends on what they are coloring, they usually use crayons b/c they are easier to get to. they are 7 and 5

-Feather-
by on Jul. 21, 2011 at 1:56 AM

Mine are 7, 5, and 3YO twins. We love all of them! I just got my 5YO a set of prismacolor watercolor pencils (just the 12 pencil set) and she LOVES them! Great for a kid who loves art and doesn't have a habit of destroying supplies. We're being careful to keep them out of the twins' hands, LOL. They will destroy anything, so we give them crayons mostly, as they're cheap and we can melt them and reuse them when broken.

MommaChell
by on Jul. 21, 2011 at 2:47 AM

I started my kids with the big washable markers and the bigger dry erase markers. They did everything in them- they were easier for them to handle and become familiar with holding properly. Now they use everything. My daughter would prefer to go through life with a paintbrush in her hand...I believe my son would prefer a permanent stick, lol.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN