Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Intro (PIOG)

Posted by on Jul. 18, 2011 at 6:37 PM
  • 5 Replies

Hi all! I'm a 33 year old SAHM from Texas.  We prayerfully made the decision to home educate our little boy (7) after having him in public school for the last two years.  He was struggling some in reading and, when I saw the teaching techniques at the school, was unimpressed.  I was further dismayed when I administered the ITBS and saw his results in Math.  They were completely unacceptable and appalling for a student who never scored below a 98 on his report card.  I can only say that homeschooling to this point has been fantastic and is rewarding in so many ways for our family.

Homeschooling Noah(7) Grade 2

BJU Bible Truths, Reading, English, Spelling, Math, Handwriting, Heritage Studies, Apologia Astronomy, Teaching Art to Children, Ready to Read Music, reading mounds of books and classical literature

Plans for this year: Swimming, Soccer, Cub Scouts

by on Jul. 18, 2011 at 6:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
faeriemom1972
by on Jul. 18, 2011 at 6:54 PM

I can honestly say that some of the best decisions I've made were done so prayerfully or at least meditatively. I rarely have regrets. It sounds like your school system did not do right by your boy and he will surely be better off learning with you. Welcome to the group, I'm also new at homeschooling and have not been in this group for very long.

MedicMommy
by on Jul. 18, 2011 at 7:31 PM

I feel that way too. 

And yes, homeschooling was, by far, one of the best. We did take a break when we moved, and I regretted it every time I dropped DS off at school. I'm so happy to have him home now

Quoting faeriemom1972:

I can honestly say that some of the best decisions I've made were done so prayerfully 

Follow me on my learning how to be not so mainstream, homeschooling, dealing with infertility blog!
http://mommatoafireboy.blogspot.com/

Feel free to throw coffee at me if I'm grumpy :)

oredeb
by debbie on Jul. 18, 2011 at 8:47 PM

welcome heather! congratulations on homeschooling! well worth it!

debbie

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Jul. 19, 2011 at 8:43 AM
Welcome!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bren_darlene
by Bronze Member on Jul. 19, 2011 at 9:25 AM

Congratulations on your decision!!  You will never regret it.  I first began this journey apx 19 yrs ago when my oldest child was 12/13.  He is now 31.  My youngest is 13. My DH and I have 15 all home educated children.  I would never, ever do it any other way :)   We also now have 25 grand children, many of whom are now home educated also.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)