Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Dinner

Posted by on Jul. 19, 2011 at 10:16 AM
  • 13 Replies

When you make dinner, do you expect your children to eat what you do?

Follow me on my learning how to be not so mainstream, homeschooling, dealing with infertility blog!
http://mommatoafireboy.blogspot.com/

Feel free to throw coffee at me if I'm grumpy :)

by on Jul. 19, 2011 at 10:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Melissa6705
by on Jul. 19, 2011 at 10:20 AM
Yes!! I do know she hates some veggies that we eat so I make her veggies that I know she will eat
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Silverkitty
by Bronze Member on Jul. 19, 2011 at 10:30 AM
Most the time. I will have her try it. Even if she doesn't like it. Then she can make herself something else.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mamagirlz
by on Jul. 19, 2011 at 10:31 AM

Yes. I have one dd that is very very picky and it's her choice if she goes to bed hungry or not.  If we have left overs I will let her choose from that or what we have for dinner but I will not make something different for each of my kids for dinner.  Now for lunch they have a more say so and I let them pick it out.

MedicMommy
by on Jul. 19, 2011 at 10:33 AM

DS has to take 2 bites. Sometimes Iwill make him something different

Follow me on my learning how to be not so mainstream, homeschooling, dealing with infertility blog!
http://mommatoafireboy.blogspot.com/

Feel free to throw coffee at me if I'm grumpy :)

oredeb
by on Jul. 19, 2011 at 10:53 AM

yes we mostly ate the same thing, if they never had it before they had to at least try it and if they didnt like it then they didnt have to eat it

we all like vegetables but not all of us like some of the meats, so if they didnt like the meat we were having they didnt have to eat it. they'd just eat the vegetables

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Jul. 19, 2011 at 10:57 AM
They pretty much eat what we do, or don't eat. They almost always eat at least half. I try not to make things I know they hate.
Occasionally we will have chipotle and I will make them something else. It's expensive and spicy so I'd rather not waste the money.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sunshine80
by on Jul. 19, 2011 at 11:02 AM
Yes. If it is new food then they have to try it. If they really don't like then I won't make them it eat it.

~ marisa
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SCmomof3girls
by on Jul. 19, 2011 at 11:33 AM

Yes. I always try to make something that everyone likes, or occasionally I will make two things that go together if someone doesnt care for one or the other (like enchilada skillet and cheesy bean burritos). 

shjohnson
by on Jul. 19, 2011 at 11:58 PM

No I am a picky eater and so are my kids, so I sometimes prepare 3 different options for dinner.  I am thinking of naming my kitchen, setting it up like a restaurant and get my 8 year old to take everyone's order and bring them back to me, I will prepare the meal and he will deliver them.  I am thinking of putting a price on the meals and getting fake money so he can learn to count money better because he struggles with it.  I think it will be a fun learning experience.  I can spice things up when we have company by letting him help me prepare a menu and handing it out to our guest, letting them order.

AllThatBabyJazz
by Bronze Member on Jul. 20, 2011 at 12:19 AM

My 2 year old is an extremely picky eater and we are trying to work with her. We expect her to at least try everything and take a few bites. She's so stubborn, I wish she would grow out of this already. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN