Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

When you make dinner, do you expect your children to eat what you do?

Follow me on my learning how to be not so mainstream, homeschooling, dealing with infertility blog!
http://mommatoafireboy.blogspot.com/

Feel free to throw coffee at me if I'm grumpy :)

by on Jul. 19, 2011 at 10:16 AM
Replies (11-13):
MedicMommy
by on Jul. 20, 2011 at 9:04 AM

Quoting shjohnson:

No I am a picky eater and so are my kids, so I sometimes prepare 3 different options for dinner.  I am thinking of naming my kitchen, setting it up like a restaurant and get my 8 year old to take everyone's order and bring them back to me, I will prepare the meal and he will deliver them.  I am thinking of putting a price on the meals and getting fake money so he can learn to count money better because he struggles with it.  I think it will be a fun learning experience.  I can spice things up when we have company by letting him help me prepare a menu and handing it out to our guest, letting them order.

I love this idea!

Follow me on my learning how to be not so mainstream, homeschooling, dealing with infertility blog!
http://mommatoafireboy.blogspot.com/

Feel free to throw coffee at me if I'm grumpy :)

TigerofMu
by Bronze Member on Jul. 20, 2011 at 9:32 AM

Yes

misselphaba
by on Jul. 20, 2011 at 9:36 AM
If I make something I know they like, then yes. If I make something I know they don't like, say chili, then no. They have to take a bite or two, but then they get a sandwich or something instead. I don't eat food I don't like, so I don't expect them to, aside from the trial bites to see if they still don't like it. LOL. Several times, they've started liking things they've hated for years. Now, both kids are super into eating foods they would not normally have liked.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)