Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Back to School Shopping; how much of what?

Posted by on Jul. 21, 2011 at 2:34 AM
  • 15 Replies

I've heard many of you mention that you stock up during the back to school sales. I'm wondering exactly how much of what supplies you buy and how long it lasts you. Do you plan in advance to stock up on certain things during the BTSSales to last you all year? Is their another time during the year that you have a major supply purchase?

by on Jul. 21, 2011 at 2:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Boobah
by Nikki :) on Jul. 21, 2011 at 7:11 AM
I want to know too! Everyone talks about needing a ton, so I'm afraid I'm going to over buy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MedicMommy
by on Jul. 21, 2011 at 9:19 AM

I do stock up at the begining. Of course, this is our first "real" year homeschooling, so Iwill probably over-buy. I'd rather do that than run out though. It's not as if it will expire. Yes, it's always at the store, but I want it handy.

Follow me on my learning how to be not so mainstream, homeschooling, dealing with infertility blog!
http://mommatoafireboy.blogspot.com/

Feel free to throw coffee at me if I'm grumpy :)

Melissa6705
by on Jul. 21, 2011 at 9:51 AM
We stock up...but not overboard. I just get what we can afford. If we need something else I will get it then.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
misselphaba
by Bronze Member on Jul. 21, 2011 at 9:53 AM
I buy tons and tons of glue, glue sticks, and tape. No matter how much I buy, it's NEVER enough!

I mean, I usually buy about 10 packs of the glue sticks that come in packs of 10 and I still end up having to buy some more at some point. And tape?! My son uses a roll of scotch tape a week, at least. The kid is in love with tape.

SCmomof3girls
by on Jul. 21, 2011 at 10:28 AM

I am watching too....I have gotten notebooks (15c at Kroger!) and construction paper ($2 for a pack of 100 at Walmart) so far but am holding off for anything else. I know Kroger also has crayons for 25c so I will probably grab about 10 or so packs of them when I shop this week.

my2.5boys
by on Jul. 21, 2011 at 10:52 AM

I buy a lot of printer paper, not because we do a lot of printing, but because my children love to draw, paint, write, and cut it up. I get a lot of colored construction paper as well, but they seem to prefer just the white. I also stock up on craft stuff, paint, crayons, scissors, glue, and anything else I see that is craft related. We don't use a curriculum, and I don't do sit down crafts with them often, but I leave these things out for them to use as they please, and they come up with some pretty cool stuff. 

Mostly I just peruse the aisle, and pick up the stuff I think they may like/use. I don't go with a list, and I don't have a set amount that I buy each year. It's just kind of whatever I'm in the mood to buy, while at the store, is what I get. 

AllThatBabyJazz
by Bronze Member on Jul. 21, 2011 at 11:19 AM

Can you really ever have too much? =)

I am stocking up for preschool age so I got tempra paint,lots of jumbo crayons, TONS of glue, stickers, paper, markers, just to name a few. 

cedailey
by on Jul. 21, 2011 at 11:37 AM

I never seem to get enough crayons and dry erase markers...

victoriaherring
by Member on Jul. 21, 2011 at 11:40 AM

I've gotten stuff on sale at target. I got a bunch of pens, pencils and tape, but I'm waiting for clearance to really stock up.

victoriaherring
by Member on Jul. 21, 2011 at 11:41 AM

And toys r us is having a sale where some crayola stuff like markers, crayons and paper are buy one get two free.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)