Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Back to School Shopping; how much of what?

Posted by   + Show Post

I've heard many of you mention that you stock up during the back to school sales. I'm wondering exactly how much of what supplies you buy and how long it lasts you. Do you plan in advance to stock up on certain things during the BTSSales to last you all year? Is their another time during the year that you have a major supply purchase?

by on Jul. 21, 2011 at 2:34 AM
Replies (11-15):
oredeb
by on Jul. 21, 2011 at 12:06 PM

lots and lots of everything!!!!

AbundanceMagnet
by on Jul. 21, 2011 at 4:58 PM
I usually wait till school has just started so I can get everything on clearance. We usually stock up on lined paper notebooks, lined paper, pencils, crayons, glue, Markers, etc. The kids love lined notebooks... they are always drawing things in them and writing stories. That's about the only time I really shop for things unless we really need something.
Boobah
by Nikki :) on Jul. 21, 2011 at 5:01 PM

omgosh I am addicted to dry erase markers.  I can't quit buying them!  Probably because I go through them like water. 

I found these adorable little magnetic dry erasers.  It came in a 2 pack for $1 at target.  I had to have them.  LOL

TroyboysMom
by on Jul. 21, 2011 at 6:25 PM

I stock up on printer paper (.01 or free at Office Depot and Staples), glue sticks (.25/2 at Walmart with price match), crayons and construction paper (.25 for 24 at Walmart with price match, and buy 1 get 2 free at Toys R Us for the bigger packs), file folders, craft items, slides, tempera paint, and learning posters at Lakeshore learning (20% off right now), and stickers, workbooks, flash cards, cheap placemats, pencils, and staples, ink pads and stamps at the Target dollar spot. Oh, and reading books.

All in all, I shell out about 75-100 this time of year, but it saves me over the course of the year a great deal.

MommaChell
by on Jul. 23, 2011 at 1:53 AM

Good stuff Ladies, thanks for posting :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)