Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you like your library?

Posted by on Jul. 21, 2011 at 7:20 AM
  • 18 Replies
I love both of mine, I could live there! Lol they arer decorated so nice.

I've been getting frustrated because I've been checking out books on cd and they are ALL scratched up. I know that is not the libraries fault, but I just want to find the people who don't take care of things and make them replace them!

I'm worried my books I need won't be available when I need them. I'm seriously panicking. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 21, 2011 at 7:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
timon95
by on Jul. 21, 2011 at 7:28 AM
We have not.been to our towbs library. We do like the one we go to though.
So far we have not had any issues with books on cd or.movies.
Go on the website and have them hold the books for.you
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
countjb
by on Jul. 21, 2011 at 7:32 AM

My dd and I love our local library. It's a small neighborhood branch, but the staff is so nice. We place a lot of books on hold throughout the school year because our branch doesn't carry that many books, but we don't mind. It has that small town feel to it. Warm and welcoming.

Melissa6705
by on Jul. 21, 2011 at 8:09 AM
We love ours. Couldn't live without it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SCmomof3girls
by on Jul. 21, 2011 at 8:16 AM

I like our local library, but I cannot say that I love it. The employees are awesome, but it is so small and doesnt carry alot of books I care for (and all their movies are on VHS). We usually  go to the library in the next town over...it has seperate sections for kids, teens, adults, reference and media and each of their sections alone are bigger than my local library lol. The kids section also has a puppet theater, puzzles, legos and stuffed animals for the kids to play with, plus about 10 computers with only kids games on it (no internet). We can spend hours there and not get bored.  We check out DVDs and have the same problem with them being scratched.

KDBeckham
by on Jul. 21, 2011 at 9:09 AM

Where in SC do you live? We are in Sumter & love our libraries! We have I believe 3 branches in town. The main library is the best and we have lots of nice things for the kids along with wonderful summer programs.

Quoting SCmomof3girls:

I like our local library, but I cannot say that I love it. The employees are awesome, but it is so small and doesnt carry alot of books I care for (and all their movies are on VHS). We usually  go to the library in the next town over...it has seperate sections for kids, teens, adults, reference and media and each of their sections alone are bigger than my local library lol. The kids section also has a puppet theater, puzzles, legos and stuffed animals for the kids to play with, plus about 10 computers with only kids games on it (no internet). We can spend hours there and not get bored.  We check out DVDs and have the same problem with them being scratched.

Simply Southern Homeschool ~ "Where Learning Begins"

mynameismuerte
by on Jul. 21, 2011 at 9:26 AM

I like our library but it's small.  We are moving to another state in about 2 weeks and the house DH just secured there for us is within walking distance to the library (if the weather is nice, lol).  The library looks great there so I hope it really is.

MedicMommy
by on Jul. 21, 2011 at 9:30 AM

Our is tiny. They will get any other book from another state library, but it takes forever.

The next county over (which is where KDBeckham lives) has much nicer libraries. I keep meaning to find out if we can get library cards there without having to live in that county

Follow me on my learning how to be not so mainstream, homeschooling, dealing with infertility blog!
http://mommatoafireboy.blogspot.com/

Feel free to throw coffee at me if I'm grumpy :)

4cutecrazies
by on Jul. 21, 2011 at 9:41 AM
The people at our library in town are the same people that have been there since I was in school, they were rude then & they're still rude! They are also behind on updates like bad too! I don't think they've updated anything in over 10/15 years! I have to pay $20 but I can use the next county's super nice libraries which I love!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SCmomof3girls
by on Jul. 21, 2011 at 10:14 AM

Quoting MedicMommy:

Our is tiny. They will get any other book from another state library, but it takes forever.

The next county over (which is where KDBeckham lives) has much nicer libraries. I keep meaning to find out if we can get library cards there without having to live in that county

I am in Jasper Co (Hardeeville....right beside Savannah, GA), and we are part of the SC lends too.....I am able to use my Jasper/Hampton/Allendale Co card in Beaufort Co. I think you can use your card at any library that is part of the SClends system. (Our libraries just joined the SClends in Feb and I do believe that was one of the happiest days of my life LOL!)  That sucks that it takes forever for you to get them....I usually get them in 2 weeks max, even from way upstate.

AllThatBabyJazz
by Bronze Member on Jul. 21, 2011 at 11:17 AM

They just finished a major construction project on it to do updates and they did a really great job. We LOVE it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)