Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you like your library?

Posted by   + Show Post
I love both of mine, I could live there! Lol they arer decorated so nice.

I've been getting frustrated because I've been checking out books on cd and they are ALL scratched up. I know that is not the libraries fault, but I just want to find the people who don't take care of things and make them replace them!

I'm worried my books I need won't be available when I need them. I'm seriously panicking. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 21, 2011 at 7:20 AM
Replies (11-18):
oredeb
by debbie on Jul. 21, 2011 at 11:40 AM

we have a great library! theres so many around here! theres areas here called certain names like the gatewood area, pinehurst area, rosewell area, and each one has a library!! and the main library is in the middle of the city and its huge! 4 or 5 stories high! cant remember! ive not been there yet, they city is not something ive driven in yet!

MommaTasha1003
by on Jul. 21, 2011 at 4:43 PM

I love it. they have a great kids area. It has computers set up for them to play educational games & a puppet theater for them to play in. Its on the far end of the library so if a kid forgets their inside library voice you dont feel too horrible! And they have comfy seating for the kids to kick back to read or do homework.. Helps the kids feel comfy there & welcome..

Never had issues & find most books I need I there & they have alot of great homeschooling books/resources! :-)

MedicMommy
by on Jul. 21, 2011 at 6:45 PM

But when I reeeeaaaalllllly want to read something, 2 weeks IS forever!

Quoting SCmomof3girls:

Quoting MedicMommy:

Our is tiny. They will get any other book from another state library, but it takes forever.

The next county over (which is where KDBeckham lives) has much nicer libraries. I keep meaning to find out if we can get library cards there without having to live in that county

I am in Jasper Co (Hardeeville....right beside Savannah, GA), and we are part of the SC lends too.....I am able to use my Jasper/Hampton/Allendale Co card in Beaufort Co. I think you can use your card at any library that is part of the SClends system. (Our libraries just joined the SClends in Feb and I do believe that was one of the happiest days of my life LOL!)  That sucks that it takes forever for you to get them....I usually get them in 2 weeks max, even from way upstate.

Follow me on my learning how to be not so mainstream, homeschooling, dealing with infertility blog!
http://mommatoafireboy.blogspot.com/

Feel free to throw coffee at me if I'm grumpy :)

AbundanceMagnet
by on Jul. 21, 2011 at 6:49 PM

I honestly don't go too often... I have a bad habbit of not getting books back on time then having to pay fees, yada yada.   I like to buy my books.  LOL 

TroyboysMom
by on Jul. 22, 2011 at 1:22 AM

I *love* out library. It's amazing. They have everything, and their programs are wonderful.

-Feather-
by on Jul. 22, 2011 at 1:43 AM

I love the main branch in town, but the sattelite one nearest us is crummy. So we go to the big one =) It's gorgeous and huge.

MommaChell
by on Jul. 22, 2011 at 1:47 AM

We do enjoy our library. It's neat for us that all the libraries in our area are 7-15 mins away from us, so if they're having something special we want to attend, we easily can. I haven't had any trouble finding what I want, aside from a few things, but I have had to wait on somethings (waiting now in fact). I got a DVD for the kids that wouldn't even start :( We always try to take care of the materials from the library as best we can. 

tcollins11
by on Jul. 22, 2011 at 1:51 PM

i like our library although my daughter has read  most of the books  we always check out the library wherever we live

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)