Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Do you have animals?

Posted by on Jul. 21, 2011 at 7:22 AM
  • 21 Replies
We have a cat, a dog, and fish and I want to start having the girls help with them. I used to have Julia feed the cat, but got into the "I can do it faster myself and without a mess" mode. I know, I know...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 21, 2011 at 7:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
timon95
by on Jul. 21, 2011 at 7:25 AM
We have a dog. Ds is in charge of giving her water and dd is in charge of food. Both take turns giving her treats
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
countjb
by on Jul. 21, 2011 at 7:33 AM

We have a dog, a cat, and a parakeet. They're members of our family. Our cat is diabetic, and our dog has high blood pressure, and a herniated disc in his back. They're high maintenance, and expensive, but worth it all.

SCmomof3girls
by on Jul. 21, 2011 at 8:07 AM

We have a cat and a large dog, and we foster another dog as well.  I do all the feeding...DH "forgets" all the time and the kids over feed (1 cup of food somehow ends up being 3 or 4....) and they make a huge mess with the water.

KDBeckham
by on Jul. 21, 2011 at 9:14 AM

We have a 6 month old boxer and a 4 month old tortoise shell calico cat. My dd4 feeds & waters the cat and ds6 1/2 & myself take turns feeding & watering the dog.

JoyfulMommyof2
by on Jul. 21, 2011 at 11:26 AM
2 dogs, 2 turtles, 1 parakeet, 5 goldfish and 6 chickens! My son is responsible for feeding the animals, but he enjoys it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
oredeb
by on Jul. 21, 2011 at 11:34 AM

1 cat named dog

ive been trying to talk dh into chickens and rabbits, even though they allow them in the city now days he wont let me yet!

Jinx-Troublex3
by Jinx on Jul. 21, 2011 at 11:59 AM
We have a german shepherd and 2 cats. We use asystem of chorres and responsibilities. Responsibilities are things you do as part of tthe family and I don't pay for them. Chores are things that are MY responsibility as a SAHM that I pay them for.

The dog is mine for specific competition called Schutzhund but she is also a family pet. The kids are paid as part of their chores for feeding her and cleaning up doggie dookie.

The kids do cat litter as part of their "responsibilities" since they are only family pets. DH and I feed them since their bowl is in the master bathroom.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mojitomommy
by on Jul. 21, 2011 at 12:45 PM
We have a dog , fish and turtle .
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AbundanceMagnet
by on Jul. 21, 2011 at 1:02 PM

We have 3 dogs of our own and 2 foster dogs.  We also have 4 cats of our own and 4 fosters right now.  LOL  Its a mad house!!!

Melyssa-R
by on Jul. 21, 2011 at 4:27 PM

We just have one little dog and we all share responsibilities for her.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN