Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Making A Change: Am I Bad Mother & Do You Still Consider Me....

Posted by   + Show Post

part of the homeschooling community?

I am going to school full time, have a 6 1/2, 4 and 2 year old my oldest and youngest have environmental & food allergies respectively, I still have the house to take care of, I teach SS & Awana's, plus help out with MOPS at our church sooooo.....

I decided to go the route of K12 instead of doing it myself because I honestly don't have the time to plan everything out and I don't want to over extend myself and be no good to anyone!

Please don't think bad of me, am I a bad mother for giving in and letting the state plan it out for me? I really didn't want to hurt more than I was helping but sending him back to PS isn't an option, but if I try to plan everything out someone is going to suffer and its probably going to be my school & then what was the point?

Simply Southern Homeschool ~ "Where Learning Begins"

by on Jul. 21, 2011 at 8:30 AM
Replies (11-11):
MommaChell
by on Jul. 23, 2011 at 1:01 AM

You are still, very much, a homeschooling mom in my book. Everyone has their own way of supplying their children with the tools and organization they need to thrive. Each of us have different responsibilities beyond our children's schooling and we have to do the best we can. It's live and learn for us all! You should be proud of what you're accomplishing, GO YOU!  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)