Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

All Natural Honey

Posted by on Jul. 21, 2011 at 4:38 PM
  • 4 Replies

Hi Ladies!  I had a client give me a full mason jar of all natural honey... its amazing!!  First... do you like honey?  Second... What have you heard honey is good for?  Someone told me its good for asthma... someone else told me that just a couple tablespoons a day serves as a good toxin remover!?  I'm curious to hear everyone's imput!!!

Married, Self Employed, Homeschooling mom to 4 amazing boys!

Matthew (11) Andrew (9) Jordan (7) and Devon (2)

Follow me to http://www.cafemom.com/group/114079 to meet other Homeschooling Moms!

by on Jul. 21, 2011 at 4:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
MommaChell
by on Jul. 21, 2011 at 4:48 PM

We use unfiltered, raw, local honey :) It's amazing for a number of health related issues and gets used regularly in our house :)

oredeb
by on Jul. 21, 2011 at 4:50 PM

oh yea honey is so good! not the store kind either but right from the bee keeper!

ive a friend who is taking it from a beekeeper around here( has to be local raw honey), for her asthma and alergies.

my son in law took it last year for his alergies and he didnt have a problem, he stopped taking this year and hes loaded with alergies! maybe it helped!

its very good for the skin, i use it in my soap, helps keep the moisture in the skin, doenst try it out,  help the blood circulate , some acne,  substitute for sugars in some foods, sore throat,

its good for healing cuts and scrapes,  i use to use it on the kids!

i think i read somewhere that when its mixed with water its like hydrogen peroxide, cant remember where i read that though

AbundanceMagnet
by on Jul. 21, 2011 at 6:57 PM

Wow lots of uses!!!  its sooo sticky though!!!  LOL

romacox
by Silver Member on Jul. 23, 2011 at 6:29 AM

raw local honey from small bee farms is now the way to go.  Much of the honey in stores is shipped in from China, and I read where our bees (in China and Australia as well) are dying from an  unidentified disease.

A local bee farmer told me that it was only the large bee farms that are experiencing that, and he believes it is because they use the royal jelly from China for their young bees which is spreading diseases from there to here.  I am no expert on the subject, but I do believe the farmers often know more about their  field than scientists. 

I also wonder: if it is not healthy for the bees, might it also effect humans...besides I like supporting local farmers  We use to feed the world, and now we are dependent on them to feed us contaminated food, and coming from a family of farmers and ranchers, I am not pleased about that..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN