Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Cooking EWWW

Posted by on Jul. 21, 2011 at 7:02 PM
  • 15 Replies

Am I the only one that doesn't like to cook????  It takes all I have to put dinner together at night... <ugh>   And tonight is not one of those nights even... I'm headed out to pick up some Chick Fil A!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I can keep a clean house, work full time, homschool, keep everything in check but can't manage to pull dinner together... seriously!???  oh  Ican't be alone can I???

Married, Self Employed, Homeschooling mom to 4 amazing boys!

Matthew (11) Andrew (9) Jordan (7) and Devon (2)

Follow me to http://www.cafemom.com/group/114079 to meet other Homeschooling Moms!

by on Jul. 21, 2011 at 7:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
FlyHippie
by on Jul. 21, 2011 at 7:08 PM

I don't like it either. I'm not a big "eater"...I don't ENJOY eating...it's just something I have to do. That being said, cooking is also a means to an end. blegh.

AllThatBabyJazz
by Bronze Member on Jul. 21, 2011 at 7:36 PM

I enjoy cooking but hate the clean up. 

MedicMommy
by on Jul. 21, 2011 at 7:52 PM

I don't mind cooking, but I don't love it

Follow me on my learning how to be not so mainstream, homeschooling, dealing with infertility blog!
http://mommatoafireboy.blogspot.com/

Feel free to throw coffee at me if I'm grumpy :)

JoyfulMommyof2
by on Jul. 21, 2011 at 7:57 PM
Gosh, how about I clean ur kitchen, and you cook my family's dinner? I'll provide all ingredients--lol!
I hate to cook. Never know what to cook. Don't understand all those cookbook terms. Never really learned how to cook. Did I mention that I hate cooking?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Boobah
by Nikki :) on Jul. 21, 2011 at 8:03 PM
Lately it's been too stinking hot to cook. We had naked nuggets and smile potatoes today and it makes the house so hot.

I don't mind cooking, so long as everything is clean to start with and cleans itself afterwards. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AbundanceMagnet
by on Jul. 21, 2011 at 8:47 PM

Quoting JoyfulMommyof2:

Gosh, how about I clean ur kitchen, and you cook my family's dinner? I'll provide all ingredients--lol!
I hate to cook. Never know what to cook. Don't understand all those cookbook terms. Never really learned how to cook. Did I mention that I hate cooking?

I had to double take to make sure this wasn't my post LOLOL  Sounds just like ME!!!! 

Married, Self Employed, Homeschooling mom to 4 amazing boys!

Matthew (11) Andrew (9) Jordan (7) and Devon (2)

Follow me to http://www.cafemom.com/group/114079 to meet other Homeschooling Moms!

Silverkitty
by Bronze Member on Jul. 21, 2011 at 8:50 PM
I'm not a fan of cooking, but my daughter loves to bake. Lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommaTasha1003
by on Jul. 21, 2011 at 9:42 PM

I cant stand to cook! And is it just me, but life gets in the way around dinner time. My DH has Lodge on Tuesdays so me & dd always do something small - No reason for a meal really.. Thursday we go out & shop for whatever after DH gets off work, so we dont get home until 7-8pm. Friday DH doesnt work so we are always out doing something all day. Saturday the same thing- or busy with yard work so im too tired to cook.. Sunday is church so we eat out..

SCmomof3girls
by on Jul. 21, 2011 at 9:53 PM

And that's why I love my crockpot so much, lol. It's a simple throw together in the morning and then all I have to do in the evening is boil some rice or noodles and toss in a veggie and wahla!   I also love love love this website for quick, simple and really yummy dinners http://www.momswhothink.com/easy-recipes/easy-recipes.html . The kids help with dishes so cleanup gets done quickly.  

ETA: I do cheat on Mon, Wed, and Fri usually, my husband works a 24 hr shift so the kids and I go simple....breakfast for dinner, soup and sandwich, frozen pizza.  That helps to break up the annoyance of cooking every night. 

Maridel
by on Jul. 21, 2011 at 9:59 PM

Quoting JoyfulMommyof2:

Yes exactly that!!! lol, Whenever I get brave and open a cookbook I read and wonder, seriously who has these ingredients lying around the house? I've never heard of half of them! I have them same basic 5 dinners I cook every week and we eat leftovers the other two nights. It makes grocery shopping easy cause I always buy the same things and don't have to get "creative" cause thats not in my DNA!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)