Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Am I the only one that doesn't like to cook????  It takes all I have to put dinner together at night... <ugh>   And tonight is not one of those nights even... I'm headed out to pick up some Chick Fil A!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I can keep a clean house, work full time, homschool, keep everything in check but can't manage to pull dinner together... seriously!???  oh  Ican't be alone can I???

Married, Self Employed, Homeschooling mom to 4 amazing boys!

Matthew (11) Andrew (9) Jordan (7) and Devon (2)

Follow me to http://www.cafemom.com/group/114079 to meet other Homeschooling Moms!

by on Jul. 21, 2011 at 7:02 PM
Replies (11-15):
MommaChell
by on Jul. 22, 2011 at 2:01 AM

I am in SUCH a rut with cooking right now. I got a new cookbook to try and pull myself out of it....ya, not working yet. I'm with FlyHippie on this one.

Quoting FlyHippie:

I don't like it either. I'm not a big "eater"...I don't ENJOY eating...it's just something I have to do. That being said, cooking is also a means to an end. blegh.

I find that when I do try and meal plan and have my fridge stocked with plenty, I feel pressured to use everything before it goes bad, ugh. I'm really looking forward to getting a stand alone freezer....just as soon as I reclaim my garage and have the extra money.

Melissa6705
by on Jul. 22, 2011 at 11:42 AM

Quoting AllThatBabyJazz:

I enjoy cooking but hate the clean up. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
oredeb
by on Jul. 22, 2011 at 2:16 PM

i love to cook, unless its hot in the house! then i have to force myself to do it! i get out all the fans and put them in the kitchen, with a cold towel around my neck and a wet shirt!

luvthesoap
by on Jul. 23, 2011 at 11:40 AM

I don't do much cleaning, but I laways make a big dinner. I cannot afford to eat out much. I have 6 other people to do the cleaning for me, so my job is to  scoop the litter box, and cook. I really enjoy cooking.

Betty in Ky

AbundanceMagnet
by on Jul. 23, 2011 at 7:49 PM

I have been told a lot about doing the crockpot stuff and I get up really early in the morning so I could throw everything in... I'm going to have to give this a shot... anyone have any good crockpot cookbook suggestions?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)