Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dieting?

Posted by on Jul. 21, 2011 at 7:37 PM
  • 3 Replies

Is anyone currently dieting and if so what are you doing and is it working for you??  I have done so many diets.... some work, some I can't stick to.  I did slim fast and lost over 30lbs one time... but this time I just can't seem to stay away from food so its not working for me.  I've heard people rave about Weight Watchers... anyone have feedback on that?  I really need a diet buddy!!! 

Married, Self Employed, Homeschooling mom to 4 amazing boys!

Matthew (11) Andrew (9) Jordan (7) and Devon (2)

Follow me to http://www.cafemom.com/group/114079 to meet other Homeschooling Moms!

by on Jul. 21, 2011 at 7:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
JoyfulMommyof2
by on Jul. 21, 2011 at 7:51 PM
Right now, I need to lose 10 lbs again. I lose weight when I discipline myself to avoid sugar and starches and eat more fiber, whole grains, and raw fruit and veggies. I had gotten down to my ideal weight, and then we went on vacation in Nov. , and I fell out of my healthy routine. I haven't managed to get myself disciplined again. It doesn't help that my triathlete hubby can eat anything he wants and not gain weight! He deserves that, though, considering how hard he trains.
If I see it, I don't have the will power to not indulge. I'm trying to come up with a new grocery list and meal plan for all of us! I'll only, sparingly let them have the "good stuff" that doesn't tempt me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MedicMommy
by on Jul. 21, 2011 at 7:54 PM

I had been doing weight watchers. (Their new points plus system is AMAZING! And so easy...I never felt deprived) Well, I stopped with the program about 2 or 3 weeks ago. I've still been consitantly taking off about 2 pounds a week :)

It really did teach me better eating habits

Follow me on my learning how to be not so mainstream, homeschooling, dealing with infertility blog!
http://mommatoafireboy.blogspot.com/

Feel free to throw coffee at me if I'm grumpy :)

AbundanceMagnet
by on Jul. 21, 2011 at 7:55 PM

Yes the Discipline is very hard!!!  Its also hard when you are on a tight budget... eating healthy isn't cheap!!!  I weekly buy bananas, apples, strawberries, and grapes at minimum as far as fruit goes and they are gone in 2 days in this house!!!  lol 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)