Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Family Nights

Posted by on Jul. 23, 2011 at 2:25 AM
  • 8 Replies

Does your family have a special night each week where you do something fun together: when does it happen, what do you do, and what foods are involved? 

by on Jul. 23, 2011 at 2:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
AbundanceMagnet
by on Jul. 23, 2011 at 7:52 PM

Nope, we totally wing it.... sometimes I wish we did but my work schedule and hubbys varies soooo much.  Sometimes he's off one day and the same day following week he'll be working all evening... so we just go with the flow... do what we can when we can :)

MommaTasha1003
by on Jul. 23, 2011 at 8:05 PM

We thought about it, but it doesnt work so well.. The best times together are when it just happens doing stuff on the weekend, or randomly during the week. Any time we plan something it seems something gets in the way..

I know for some families it is hard to get that time together, so scheduled time is a must, but since I stay at home, DD is only 4.5 (so no hectic schedule) and dh works is off every fri/sat/sun we get good time together weekly! :) We always take advantage of DH being off on Fri to go do things like zoos or whatever will be busy on sat/sun .

Ginger0104
by on Jul. 24, 2011 at 2:28 AM

We have family movie night every Friday.  I 'try' to customize the menu to match the movie but more often than not this is very hard to do.  So we do fun foods.  Last night I made BBQ chicken pizza and we watched Toy Story. 

Melissa6705
by on Jul. 24, 2011 at 9:04 AM
We do...check out the book Friday night bites!! Such a cute cookbook
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommaChell
by on Jul. 27, 2011 at 3:19 PM

I completely understand how hectic it can be trying to organize an weekly event....heck even a monthly event, lol :) If nothing else I'd like us to try and have a family event at least once a week, no matter what day or time. We're actively trying to make it happen each week. 

Thanks for sharing ladies!

bellableu87
by on Jul. 27, 2011 at 3:37 PM
We do family bible stories every tuesday night.This week was really cool bec my DH made Noahs ark out of wood and we had mini animals that we acted out with as we read the account of the flood.The kids had a BLAST!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JoyfulMommyof2
by on Jul. 27, 2011 at 5:08 PM

Really, every night is Family Night.  We often involve the kids in making dinner (for fun, not a chore) and this provides quality time together.  We always eat dinner together at the kitchen table, again, quality time.  We have special shows we like to watch together as a family, for example my husband and kiddos love "Swamp People" on the History channel on Thurs. nights, and we enjoy laughing together.  (Please know that all people from Louisiana are NOT living like that.  It's a VERY small percentage.)  We also like Super Nanny.  (My hubby bears through Super Nanny as I bear through Swamp People, but the kiddos love them both!)  Generally, my hubby and son read together at night and my daughter and I read together each night.  We live a little far from the church we attend, so we have family Bible studies on Wednesday night, or sometimes the boys do a study and us girls do a study.  We go camping often which involves riding bikes, swimming, hikes during the day and playing board games at night.  We also exercise on the Wii together or go for walks or bike rides at home.  I guess I'd call it a "family-oriented life-style."

JoyfulMommyof2

busy mom

MommaChell
by on Jul. 29, 2011 at 12:38 AM

Quoting JoyfulMommyof2:

Really, every night is Family Night.  We often involve the kids in making dinner (for fun, not a chore) and this provides quality time together.  We always eat dinner together at the kitchen table, again, quality time.  We have special shows we like to watch together as a family, for example my husband and kiddos love "Swamp People" on the History channel on Thurs. nights, and we enjoy laughing together.  (Please know that all people from Louisiana are NOT living like that.  It's a VERY small percentage.)  We also like Super Nanny.  (My hubby bears through Super Nanny as I bear through Swamp People, but the kiddos love them both!)  Generally, my hubby and son read together at night and my daughter and I read together each night.  We live a little far from the church we attend, so we have family Bible studies on Wednesday night, or sometimes the boys do a study and us girls do a study.  We go camping often which involves riding bikes, swimming, hikes during the day and playing board games at night.  We also exercise on the Wii together or go for walks or bike rides at home.  I guess I'd call it a "family-oriented life-style."

This is lovely :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN