Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Does your hubby shop?

Posted by on Jul. 23, 2011 at 7:59 PM
  • 17 Replies

Lately I've been letting my husband do the grocery shopping... I make a list, very specific... and I've been letting him do it... its been kind of nice.  How about you ladies, does your husband do any of the shopping???

Married, Self Employed, Homeschooling mom to 4 amazing boys!

Matthew (11) Andrew (9) Jordan (7) and Devon (2)

Follow me to http://www.cafemom.com/group/114079 to meet other Homeschooling Moms!

by on Jul. 23, 2011 at 7:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SouthernMama08
by on Jul. 23, 2011 at 10:31 PM

Yup.  When I need him too.

oredeb
by on Jul. 23, 2011 at 10:36 PM

no, no i do the shopping!hahaha

timon95
by on Jul. 24, 2011 at 12:04 AM
No way, if he shops he.comes home with junk food and doesn't use coupons. He is not allowed to shop. The kids might like oreos and ice cream for dinner, but i don't.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JoyfulMommyof2
by on Jul. 24, 2011 at 12:18 AM
Yes, and it's a blessing to me!! I hate having to go out and get groceries, especially with the kiddos. They hate going, too.
Hubby even goes thru grocery store sales papers with me and helps make the grocery list and week's menu according to what's on sale.
That saves me precious time and gas money. He doesn't mind because he's already out anyhow.
AllThatBabyJazz
by Bronze Member on Jul. 24, 2011 at 1:27 AM

Only in an emergency. I coupon shop and he's too impatient to use them. 

He will grab the first thing he sees and not price check

Jinx-Troublex3
by Jinx on Jul. 24, 2011 at 2:03 AM
Sometimes. If I send a detailed list he's fine. If I tell him to "just go get some meals" we end up with all processed crap and junk food.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Melissa6705
by on Jul. 24, 2011 at 9:11 AM

Quoting AllThatBabyJazz:

Only in an emergency. I coupon shop and he's too impatient to use them. 

He will grab the first thing he sees and not price check

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BetcCarter
by on Jul. 24, 2011 at 12:51 PM

No...my husband does just about nothing...he lost his job and he has one class in college this semester...Honestly I want to smack him. He spends the entire day on his computer (but not applying for jobs) and then once in a while he cleans the living room (which means he has the kids pick up their toys and then he vaccums...). He did make dinner last night...mac and cheese with hotdogs. No Veggies though...it would all be so funny if it did not piss me off so much...ok done venting>.<

countjb
by on Jul. 24, 2011 at 1:15 PM

No, my husband doesn't shop and I don't want him to. The times he's been with me, he always picks up the extras that we don't really need.

songbird2716
by on Jul. 24, 2011 at 1:31 PM
Same here.

Generally, we all go together as a family- I do all the meal planning, list making and coupon clipping and he wrangles the kids and keeps a running tally of our budget as I put things in the cart. It works well for us- the whole family looks forward to it because everyone helps out, plus we save money. He's in the Navy and away right now....it has been a challenge!

Quoting timon95:

No way, if he shops he.comes home with junk food and doesn't use coupons. He is not allowed to shop. The kids might like oreos and ice cream for dinner, but i don't.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)