Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Lately I've been letting my husband do the grocery shopping... I make a list, very specific... and I've been letting him do it... its been kind of nice.  How about you ladies, does your husband do any of the shopping???

Married, Self Employed, Homeschooling mom to 4 amazing boys!

Matthew (11) Andrew (9) Jordan (7) and Devon (2)

Follow me to http://www.cafemom.com/group/114079 to meet other Homeschooling Moms!

by on Jul. 23, 2011 at 7:59 PM
Replies (11-17):
MommaChell
by on Jul. 24, 2011 at 1:36 PM

I was feeling pretty blessed about this today, since my hub is doing the shopping. He's pretty great at it. Mind you, I really had to lay things out in a customized order for him to make sure he gets what we want/need from the right places so we also save money. It's been worth every second I spent!!!

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Jul. 24, 2011 at 3:36 PM
This. Lol I'd LOVE if I could trust him to do it. But he wouldn't check prices, use coupons, or get what is on the list. He would claim he couldn't find anything.

Quoting timon95:

No way, if he shops he.comes home with junk food and doesn't use coupons. He is not allowed to shop. The kids might like oreos and ice cream for dinner, but i don't.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AbundanceMagnet
by on Jul. 24, 2011 at 9:14 PM

btw... 6months ago it was a NO Way... then I decided to let go a little bit, give him a chance... made a list... he's done well and boy does it take away from my stress with all the other things I have to do!! :)  Give it a shot ladies.. hehehe

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Jul. 24, 2011 at 9:16 PM
I've been thnking on this a lot today. It would REALLY help me out. I may have to give it a try. One day, HE may even be making the menu and list. Mwahahahaha

Quoting AbundanceMagnet:

btw... 6months ago it was a NO Way... then I decided to let go a little bit, give him a chance... made a list... he's done well and boy does it take away from my stress with all the other things I have to do!! :)  Give it a shot ladies.. hehehe

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AbundanceMagnet
by on Jul. 24, 2011 at 9:29 PM

Quoting BetcCarter:

No...my husband does just about nothing...he lost his job and he has one class in college this semester...Honestly I want to smack him. He spends the entire day on his computer (but not applying for jobs) and then once in a while he cleans the living room (which means he has the kids pick up their toys and then he vaccums...). He did make dinner last night...mac and cheese with hotdogs. No Veggies though...it would all be so funny if it did not piss me off so much...ok done venting>.<

I can understand your frustration!  <hugs>  You can vent here anytime.  Do you think maybe hubby is depressed?  How long has he been out of work if you don't mind me asking?  :(

Follow me to http://www.cafemom.com/group/114079 to meet other Homeschooling Moms!

peanut06
by on Jul. 24, 2011 at 10:22 PM

We do the bulk shopping together (including bringing the 1 and 3 year olds), but if we need something in the middle of the week, he usually picks it up when he gets off work at 5 a.m.  Yes, he'll occasionally get junk, but he mostly knows what we buy and is an excellent bargain-shopper.  He's even trying to find time to sign us both up for a couponing class :)

homeschool 

Happy momma and natural birth, homeschooling, and ERF advocate!
AbundanceMagnet
by on Jul. 24, 2011 at 10:43 PM

Quoting Boobah:

I've been thnking on this a lot today. It would REALLY help me out. I may have to give it a try. One day, HE may even be making the menu and list. Mwahahahaha

Quoting AbundanceMagnet:

lol... my husband does most of the cooking too... lol that to is a relief. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN