Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is anyone NOT having to purchase Curriculum?

Posted by on Jul. 23, 2011 at 8:12 PM
  • 14 Replies

I was just going through some of our things trying to decide what to do this year and my boys really didn't finish a lot of their books... we used MANY... so I think we are just going to continue where we left off... who cares if its not "NEXT" grade level... anyone else not having to purchase anything or not much???

Married, Self Employed, Homeschooling mom to 4 amazing boys!

Matthew (11) Andrew (9) Jordan (7) and Devon (2)

Follow me to http://www.cafemom.com/group/114079 to meet other Homeschooling Moms!

by on Jul. 23, 2011 at 8:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
frstldyhmsch
by on Jul. 23, 2011 at 8:25 PM

I know exactly what you mean. Some of the books we will just finish and anything else we need I can get from a free book swap that my homeschool group holds! or we will make good use of the world wide web!

SouthernMama08
by on Jul. 23, 2011 at 10:28 PM

I'm not.  But I'm doing K4 so it's a little different. 

But here's a qupte for you:

"Homeschooling is all about finding the heartbeat of your family and following that pace—not your neighbor’s, not your best homeschooling buddy’s, and not the grade level expectations for your child’s age." -Sarah Small

Loving wife ...Proud Homeschooling Mama ...TTC#2 ...BLOGGING it all on the way...Follow me at Throwing Marshmallows

oredeb
by debbie on Jul. 23, 2011 at 10:40 PM

im only gona buy couple general science books and dont need anything else

JoyfulMommyof2
by on Jul. 24, 2011 at 12:09 AM
I had to purchase all new stuff, but I got some pretty good deals and I'm selling my used books on-line to help pay for them.
Don't like spending the money, but it's so fun and exciting when the new books are delivered!!

JoyfulMommyof2

busy mom

TroyboysMom
by on Jul. 24, 2011 at 4:10 AM

All I had to do was buy supplies, but that's an ongoing thing, though!

Melissa6705
by on Jul. 24, 2011 at 9:06 AM
Sorry bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cedailey
by on Jul. 24, 2011 at 11:02 AM

All I had to get for this year was one science book  and one geography book :)  Between my two children we use over 25 book each year, so two makes me happy.

my2.5boys
by on Jul. 24, 2011 at 12:48 PM

I'm not purchasing anything, because we are unschoolers and don't use a curriculum at all. I do buy them things throughout the year, like science kits and what not, when they show an interest in it. But workbooks and curriculums are just not for us. 

MommaChell
by on Jul. 24, 2011 at 2:51 PM

Supplies mainly; craft stuff, markers, printer paper, etc. I've got some reading books for me I'd like to purchase (homeschool related). I also have some bigger buys I'd like to make, I'd love to get a felt set for Bible Study. I've got a running list.... :)

AbundanceMagnet
by on Jul. 24, 2011 at 9:32 PM

Quoting my2.5boys:

I'm not purchasing anything, because we are unschoolers and don't use a curriculum at all. I do buy them things throughout the year, like science kits and what not, when they show an interest in it. But workbooks and curriculums are just not for us. 

I really want to be here.  My heart wants to so bad but I have yet to completely get over the worry that my kids will just do nothing :(  Eventually I WILL BE making a POST just like this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  <hugs>

Married, Self Employed, Homeschooling mom to 4 amazing boys!

Matthew (11) Andrew (9) Jordan (7) and Devon (2)

Follow me to http://www.cafemom.com/group/114079 to meet other Homeschooling Moms!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)