Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Is anyone NOT having to purchase Curriculum?

I was just going through some of our things trying to decide what to do this year and my boys really didn't finish a lot of their books... we used MANY... so I think we are just going to continue where we left off... who cares if its not "NEXT" grade level... anyone else not having to purchase anything or not much???

Married, Self Employed, Homeschooling mom to 4 amazing boys!

Matthew (11) Andrew (9) Jordan (7) and Devon (2)

Follow me to http://www.cafemom.com/group/114079 to meet other Homeschooling Moms!

by on Jul. 23, 2011 at 8:12 PM
Replies (11-14):
mamaof2n1angel
by on Jul. 25, 2011 at 3:28 PM

As another poster said  my  kids  also didn't really use  many of their  books last year and I am recapping   things to help better them in retaining it.. and go from there.

TigerofMu
by Bronze Member on Jul. 26, 2011 at 11:19 AM

We will have to buy a couple of math books, but our main curriculum is already here and ready :).

fairybaby55
by on Jul. 26, 2011 at 1:12 PM

We will be using the library and internet a lot but I will probably buy curriculum especially for my 6th grader...  for sure math and science. 

usmom3
by BJ on Jul. 26, 2011 at 7:12 PM

Quoting my2.5boys:

I'm not purchasing anything, because we are unschoolers and don't use a curriculum at all. I do buy them things throughout the year, like science kits and what not, when they show an interest in it. But workbooks and curriculums are just not for us. 

This is us too! We don't ever stop learning so you could say we school year round as well. I did get some colored pencils, glue & calculators ( my younger 2 have been doing math like mad men with them) but as for curriculum the closest we come is the dollar store work books ( my kids like the ones with Disney characters)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN