Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

'Why' do you ask so many questions?

My son (3.5 years) is a 'Whyer'.  I hear "why" at least a million times a day!  So today, after the millionith WHY I ask him "Why do you ask so many questions?" 

My son draws his eyebraws together and then looks up at me and says, "Cause I have all these questions inside of me and they just HAVE to come out."

Well, shut my mouth.  LOL!  I just had to share.

Loving wife ...Proud Homeschooling Mama ...TTC#2 ...BLOGGING it all on the way...Follow me at Throwing Marshmallows

by on Jul. 23, 2011 at 10:48 PM
Replies (11-19):
Maridel
by on Jul. 30, 2011 at 1:45 AM

lol too cute. My DD is almsot 5 and just recently really hit the why stage. I thought she was gonna skip it but I guess it just came later! Ahh somedays I just want earplugs lol. But I try to remind myself that she is just learning =)

SimplySonita
by on Aug. 1, 2011 at 12:25 AM

sidesplittinglaughter

romacox
by Silver Member on Aug. 3, 2011 at 6:27 AM

I loved hearing this story.  I bet he is adorable.

2turtles
by on Aug. 3, 2011 at 12:00 PM

cute! Just so know, it doesn't stop with this type of  kid. My son was a "Whyer" at three and is still going strong at eight.  The other day he asked, "What's puberty? What's an audit?"   I'm not always prepared with answers!  Thank goodness for Google!!!

SouthernMama08
by on Aug. 4, 2011 at 8:52 AM

Thanks for the 'warning'.  My neice just introduced me to Cha Cha (a texting service that answers questions), maybe I'll be texting my sons questions there! LOL!

Quoting 2turtles:

cute! Just so know, it doesn't stop with this type of  kid. My son was a "Whyer" at three and is still going strong at eight.  The other day he asked, "What's puberty? What's an audit?"   I'm not always prepared with answers!  Thank goodness for Google!!!

Mom71307
by on Aug. 4, 2011 at 1:56 PM

Uh, yeah, my 4 yr old does too!  About EVERYTHING... not just why either....!

twyliatepeka
by Bronze Member on Aug. 4, 2011 at 9:34 PM

Quoting usmom3:

when you homeschool the questions never stop. I have gotten really good at answering them while doing other things like cooking & laundry but if they ask something I don't know the answer to they won't leave me alone until I look it up on the Internet.

that is how dd is. she is 4 & if she keeps on she will be a walking encyclopedia by age 5!

ToraMay
by on Aug. 4, 2011 at 9:36 PM

I like the why questions, pry cuz I dont get them a whole lot.

Lo1427
by on Aug. 4, 2011 at 9:42 PM
Aw that's so cute! I love the questions that come from my 4 year old. They make me remember what its like to be in awe of the world :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)