Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Your favo family educational games?

Posted by on Jul. 24, 2011 at 3:51 PM
  • 13 Replies

We love 1-2-3 Action. It's a game I stumbled on online (a blog I'm failing to recall at the moment, I'll update if I remember). There are cards for each letter of the alphabet and each card has a different action on it that starts with that letter. There's a bunch of diff ways to play it. My kids love the action and it's great for gross motor skills= win,win!

by on Jul. 24, 2011 at 3:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TanyaMichelle
by on Jul. 24, 2011 at 8:41 PM

My boys love the Curious George Discovery Beach Game! You pick a card with an object on it like a red anchor. Then you spin to the spinner that gives you an option of (at least) two pieces to look under. So they get to choose which of they two they think their object is under. Then they lift the puzzle piece off the beach and try to find their object. If its not there, the next person can collect that card if they find it on their turn. The first person to collect six cards wins! Too fun! This game has won a few awards. One was a parents choice award last year. 

AbundanceMagnet
by on Jul. 24, 2011 at 8:44 PM

We don't really have any.  :(

frstldyhmsch
by on Jul. 24, 2011 at 8:47 PM

Scrabble Slam! We love that game! Its great for phonics & early reading skills....for  3-4  year old use 2 or 3  letter words insted of 4 letters. Its increases their vocab and helps with spelling too!

AllThatBabyJazz
by Bronze Member on Jul. 24, 2011 at 11:20 PM

1-2-3 action sounds very fun!

TroyboysMom
by on Jul. 25, 2011 at 5:28 AM

We love the Earth DVD game: http://www.amazon.com/Planet-Earth-DVD-Board-Game/dp/B000WHMA8G

The imagery is just wonderful!

MommaChell
by on Jul. 27, 2011 at 3:14 PM

Thanks for the leads ladies :)

FlyHippie
by on Jul. 27, 2011 at 4:23 PM

OK, I have a 13 year old...but I've pretty much bought up every game from www.gamewright.com. We have SO MANY OF THESE! They're all educational, but they're all tons of fun...  I will give you a little tip. To save money, look up the game on the gamewright site, then buy it off of amazon! LOL...

JoyfulMommyof2
by on Jul. 27, 2011 at 4:36 PM

My children are 9 1/2 and 13.

We looove the old fav, Scrabble--great for spelling and phonics.

We love another old fav, Yahtzee--great for arithmetic.

I just bought the Great States game--geography and history.

We have lots of games, but these are our favorite educational ones.  (We go camping alot, and I refuse to bring a television.  We play board games in the evening.)

JoyfulMommyof2

busy mom

Lynette
by Member on Jul. 27, 2011 at 4:40 PM

Shut the Box! I bought the double shutter version(original only has one row)

Maridel
by on Jul. 27, 2011 at 8:31 PM

UNO, my kids are 2 and 4 and it is great is game for matching numbers and colors!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN