Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

What do you have left to do to get "ready for school" if you haven't started already?

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2011 at 1:56 PM
  • 20 Replies

I'm trying not to panic.  :)  We are tentatively starting August 29th or 30th, and I have what curriculum we are using.  Mainly, I just need to go through everything and get a feel for it.  I also want to finish making my planner in the near future!  LOL  

Another thing that will help put my mind at ease is making a list of the library books we will need, and when.  

Oh, and I still have to file with the state!  Hehee  Guess I should get on that, huh?

The rest is just organizing.  I need to clean out the closet, I'm almost done with my desk, and the girls desks.  I'm designing my own planner (even making the forms - yes, yes I am crazy).  

And, it wouldn't be terrible if I could focus on potty training my 2 year old before school starts.  

I keep reminding myself that we can do school anytime, anywhere, with whatever we have available.  So if all this stuff doesn't get done (minus the filing with the state) it will be fine.  But you know, type a, planner types :)

Sorry about the font changes.  CM likes to mess with me ;)

What do you need to do to "feel ready"?

by on Jul. 25, 2011 at 1:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Silverkitty
by Bronze Member on Jul. 25, 2011 at 2:32 PM
Buying the supplies. Have all the books and stuff.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Boobah
by Nikki :) on Jul. 25, 2011 at 2:39 PM

I do need to get some supplies still.  Glue, copy paper, etc.  I'm just waiting for the sales for those.  

Silverkitty
by Bronze Member on Jul. 25, 2011 at 3:19 PM
Yes, same here. I'm not as much a planner as you are, but I've started a schedule on my exel to keep up what needs to be done along with what my daughter wants to do. We are starting around the 22nd.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LostTheSlipper
by Bronze Member on Jul. 25, 2011 at 3:22 PM
Nothing! Yay! We're in our third week! ...Actually though, I just remembered I haven't ordered his science materials for the experiments yet. Crumbs!
Maridel
by on Jul. 25, 2011 at 3:48 PM
I'm type a as well and I'm in list and planning mode too. I've gotten all my books and have planned our first five wks. Still need a few supplies like a hole puncher and some craft supplies I dont have (felt, sequins, craft sticks) and my top necessity for the year a printer! I will not feel ready until I get a printer! I heard there is one at target for $30 so I'm on that mission today.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nikki0522
by on Jul. 25, 2011 at 5:26 PM

We're all set. Today I planned out my lesson plans for the first four weeks for DS#1 and we are not doing anything really structured for DS#2 yet since he will still be pre-k for the upcoming year due to his October birthday and developmental delays.

countjb
by on Jul. 25, 2011 at 5:40 PM

Tomorrow I'm going to an A Beka display to order our arithmetic consumables. Next week I'll be ordering our science curriculum. All of our supplies are in order. We'll be all ready to begin before the end of August.

swim-mom72
by on Jul. 25, 2011 at 5:56 PM

This is our second week of school. And as prepared as I tried to be, yep, I still forgot to order their notebooking journals and calligraphy supplies until this morning! *sigh*

They have not started Spanish or typing yet because we just got them downloaded to the computer this weekend. It is a good thing though, since the stuff I had in the planners for a "light" schedule these first 2 weeks seemed to eat up way more time than I thought it would. It seems I may have bitten off more than I can chew, LOL!

mynameismuerte
by on Jul. 25, 2011 at 6:39 PM

We are moving to a new state in two weeks!!!  That means other than having picked out most of the curriculum, EVERYTHING, lol.

AbundanceMagnet
by on Jul. 25, 2011 at 8:34 PM

I am usually completely ready by now but I have done nothing.  I've decided to use a lot of what we didn't finish up with last year... and I plan to just do a lot of reading books and math more than workbooks like we've done in the past.  I feel stressed because I'm not stressing over certain things, go figure!  Did that make any sense?  LOLOL 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)