Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Has anyone created their own planner... from scratch?

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2011 at 8:10 PM
  • 13 Replies

I looked and looked for a planner that fit what I wanted.  Everything I found was either too expensive (well planned day) and even then wasn't "perfect" for me.  Or it was inexpensive, and not what I wanted.  

So after researching, and wasting entirely too much time, I decided "hey, why don't I make my own?"  Well, printing pre-made forms wasn't working for me, because I didn't like the forms.  What good is that?  

Which left me to finally making my own!  I cracked open "Pages" on my mac, and went to town.  It was easier than I expected, and all that time I wasted on searching, I could have been done!  So now, I am creating *my* perfect planner, and I am SO excited!  I am creating the actual planning pages now, and then will do the extra pages that aren't as important. 

I can't wait to put it all together!   I will have to post pics, I am so proud :)  I went somewhat off of the well planned day planner.  I liked the general idea of that planner, but didn't like the pre-written subjects (Bible, math, etc).  Now I have my own subjects!  And as much or little space as I need for them.  It's actually pretty fun!

So, my advice is... if you can't find that perfect planner, and printing your own from pre-made forms isn't working for you... make your own!!! :)

by on Jul. 25, 2011 at 8:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Silverkitty
by Bronze Member on Jul. 25, 2011 at 8:14 PM
I use excel, spreadsheet, to creat what I want. Thinking of becoming more organized with planning now that my daughter is getting in the higher grades.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hailnbray
by on Jul. 25, 2011 at 8:39 PM

i have but they arent printed out. i drew it up on notebook paper. i dont have a mac and havent found a program i can use to make one.

AbundanceMagnet
by on Jul. 25, 2011 at 8:49 PM

That's awesome... can you post some pics of how you did things when you are complete??  I'm very curious!!! :)

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Jul. 25, 2011 at 10:59 PM
I used pages on my Mac, but you can do the same thing in Microsoft word! It's super easy! It takes some time, but like I said, I researched forever and could have been making it! Lol

Quoting hailnbray:

i have but they arent printed out. i drew it up on notebook paper. i dont have a mac and havent found a program i can use to make one.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Boobah
by Nikki :) on Jul. 25, 2011 at 10:59 PM
Definitely! I can't wait!

Quoting AbundanceMagnet:

That's awesome... can you post some pics of how you did things when you are complete??  I'm very curious!!! :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Boobah
by Nikki :) on Jul. 25, 2011 at 11:02 PM
I am thinking I am going to use an online/computer based planner for the tracking. Then this planner just to kep track of the actual lessons we will do every day.
So on the computer it will just have a generic "math" every day, but in my planner it will have Saxon math 1 lesson 23 - adding by 2" or something like that. (I pulled that out of the air. Lol)

Quoting Silverkitty:

I use excel, spreadsheet, to creat what I want. Thinking of becoming more organized with planning now that my daughter is getting in the higher grades.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ElectraSpy
by on Jul. 25, 2011 at 11:08 PM
I wanna see it too :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Silverkitty
by Bronze Member on Jul. 26, 2011 at 12:23 AM
Homeschool tracker is a nice computer planner, if you want to take the time inputting. I used it until my comp crashed and I lost everything, and the backups were corrupted.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TigerofMu
by Bronze Member on Jul. 26, 2011 at 1:14 AM

I can't wait to see the pics!  I've made my own before, but our printer is broken, so it usually ends up being a lot of trouble to make our own.  I used to make my own lesson plan pages all the time when I was teaching public school though.  I just used word and drew tables.  I might have to check Pages out :).

songbird2716
by on Jul. 26, 2011 at 9:16 AM
I feel like I could have written this post myself! I had this vision in my head of *exactly* what I wanted. I was about one overpriced planner site away from settling on something free that sorta worked when it finally dawned on me- MAKE YOUR OWN. It has worked out really well and allowed for some adjustments along the way :-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)