Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Has anyone created their own planner... from scratch?

Posted by   + Show Post

I looked and looked for a planner that fit what I wanted.  Everything I found was either too expensive (well planned day) and even then wasn't "perfect" for me.  Or it was inexpensive, and not what I wanted.  

So after researching, and wasting entirely too much time, I decided "hey, why don't I make my own?"  Well, printing pre-made forms wasn't working for me, because I didn't like the forms.  What good is that?  

Which left me to finally making my own!  I cracked open "Pages" on my mac, and went to town.  It was easier than I expected, and all that time I wasted on searching, I could have been done!  So now, I am creating *my* perfect planner, and I am SO excited!  I am creating the actual planning pages now, and then will do the extra pages that aren't as important. 

I can't wait to put it all together!   I will have to post pics, I am so proud :)  I went somewhat off of the well planned day planner.  I liked the general idea of that planner, but didn't like the pre-written subjects (Bible, math, etc).  Now I have my own subjects!  And as much or little space as I need for them.  It's actually pretty fun!

So, my advice is... if you can't find that perfect planner, and printing your own from pre-made forms isn't working for you... make your own!!! :)

by on Jul. 25, 2011 at 8:10 PM
Replies (11-13):
oredeb
by on Jul. 26, 2011 at 11:32 AM

not anymore i just use notebooks

sure would love to see all yours though!

luvthesoap
by on Jul. 26, 2011 at 11:50 AM

I've always just found forms online, and printed them off. I'm not creative enough to make my own.

Betty in Ky

Jinx-Troublex3
by Jinx on Jul. 26, 2011 at 1:57 PM
I make my own lesson plan/schedules in excel. I would share but my computer is down at the moment. Posting from my phone.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)