Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

OMG... every time I want to do something I have to pull out my Calendar... its always so full!  I do work full time too but still!  I miss the days when I didn't have to have a calendar to schedule something with a friend!!!  LOL  Anyone else?

Married, Self Employed, Homeschooling mom to 4 amazing boys!

Matthew (11) Andrew (9) Jordan (7) and Devon (2)

Follow me to http://www.cafemom.com/group/114079 to meet other Homeschooling Moms!

by on Jul. 25, 2011 at 9:35 PM
Replies (11-15):
MrsHubler
by on Jul. 26, 2011 at 10:40 PM

My husband said that he doesn't think our calender could hold one more thing... but I always find time to schedule everything in it =]

TroyboysMom
by on Jul. 27, 2011 at 4:22 AM

I always have to check my calendar when planning something, otherwise I will double book myself!

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Jul. 27, 2011 at 8:12 AM
I'd love a month without obligations to anyone else. No birthday parties, weddings, holidays, etc. We bought a pop up camper 3-4 years ago and have barely used it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Silverkitty
by Bronze Member on Jul. 27, 2011 at 10:15 AM
I wish somedays we were busy, but thankful other days that we are not.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JoyfulMommyof2
by on Jul. 27, 2011 at 11:57 AM

Yes, I dug that thing out last week.  We didn't use it during the summer.  We took the summer off of karate, swim, art, etc.  We did projects around the house, several camping trips, lots of "play dates," and had a great summer without "rippin' and runnin'" all the time.  (Actually, when I dug the calendar back out, noticed that I had missed a doctor's appt. for my daughter.  Just when I thought I could live without the thing for a couple of months--have to reschedule.)

I'm now scribbling in it every day again, planning out the months ahead.  It's definitely a life line for organization--and sanity!

Oh, and you're right about all the birthday parties and weddings and baby showers and . . . . I've often told my husband I'd like to move to another state just to have an excuse not to go to all of these things--especially for third cousins twice removed!  LOL  My husband and I both come from large Cajun families.  Love 'em all, just so many committments all the time.  And planning birthday parties for my own is sooo stressful for me, but it's expected (by family and the kiddos who attend all the other parties so know what they'd be missing and won't take the offered bribes not to have a party--lol).

OK, typing too much again.  Yes,  the calendar is a definite need!

JoyfulMommyof2

busy mom

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)