Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

The unexpected...

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2011 at 9:54 PM
  • 14 Replies

So we all had these visions before our children were born of what they may be like or look like or just thoughts in general.... with that said... list some things about your child(ren) that you didn't expect to be that are!  lol 

I never ever in a million years would have thought I'd have a red head (my youngest)

I never would have expected my 9yr old son to have Autism (shoot I didn't even know what it was when I was pregnant with him)

I expected my 9yr old to come out with blonde blonde hair like his older brother.. instead it was DARK BROWN!  And a lot of it!

I really didn't think my 7yr old would have his fathers toes (crazy long 2nd longer than big toe)... poor kid, he does hahaha

I thought my oldest was going to be a big kid, he's just a tiny guy.... way small for 11. 

I'm sure I could think of more but this will do for now...

So what's your story?

Married, Self Employed, Homeschooling mom to 4 amazing boys!

Matthew (11) Andrew (9) Jordan (7) and Devon (2)

Follow me to http://www.cafemom.com/group/114079 to meet other Homeschooling Moms!

by on Jul. 25, 2011 at 9:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JoyfulMommyof2
by on Jul. 25, 2011 at 10:25 PM

Like you, I didn't expect my son to have red hair.  He does, and I love it!

I didn't expect my daughter to be bald until she was two!  She was, but still adorable.

I didn't expect my 9 1/2 year old son to beat me at Scrabble.  He does.  (And I'm a pretty good player and do not let him win!)

I didn't expect my 13 year old daughter to have more of a figure than I do.  She does.  She wears a larger shirt size than I do.

I didn't expect to be able to love another human being this much!!  I do!!!  (twice)

JoyfulMommyof2

busy mom

AbundanceMagnet
by on Jul. 26, 2011 at 9:51 PM

Sweet JoyfulMommyof2!!

BUMP!.... I was hoping for more posts!  <pout>

oredeb
by on Jul. 27, 2011 at 1:46 PM

lets see

i never expected my 3rd dd to be 5'10

i never expected 1st dd to be blond(where'd she get that?hahaha)

i never expected my dd3 to start talking when she was 3 in this very deep voice, very well spoken voice! (scared me!!)

i also had a bald one till 2!!! never expected that

i never expect one of my kids to learn to read just by hearing me teach the older kids

i never expected to have 4 children

i never expected to raise them alone for about 10 years

i never expected my son to love gardening(after all those years of mowing and pulling weeds, and digging dirt!hahaha)

i never expected my 2nd dd wouldnt like to cook

i never expected 3rd dd to own horses

i never expected my son to love cooking!

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Jul. 27, 2011 at 3:30 PM
Never expected chelsey to have blonde hair and blue eyes. That's for sure!

Never expected the second child would be THIS much harder.

Never expected that I'd have the kid that throws themselves on the floor. Chelsey does.

Never expected to love these two girls as much as I do. I knew I'd love them, obviously. But I never knew a love like this. Kwim?

I never expected my husband to be SUCH an awesome father and husband. But he is. :)

Never expected me to be a natural birthing, cloth diapering, breastfeeding, homeschooling, anti vaxing, Eco friendly mama wanting to move back to the country. But here I am!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamaof2n1angel
by on Jul. 28, 2011 at 8:27 AM

I didn't think I too would have  red heads( both my daughter that passed away in may of 2009 and  my  youngest daughter  BOTH are  red heads!!).

I NEVER expected my 2nd daughter to pass so young ( it was a shock and all of a sudden as well.. )

I didn't expect to EVER be near  200 lbs  while  pregnant( last pregnancy i was 194lbs ( as of yesterday i am now  161 at almost  4 monhs  post  baby.)

I never  expected to have my high school diploma  after  being  out of school for almost 11 years.

katzmeow726
by on Jul. 28, 2011 at 11:20 AM
Well, I didn't plan on twins! But it wasn't a huge surprise. I am shocked to have a dd that is blond lol. Dh and I both have brown hair. another surprise is ds, he is 2 and very athletic already! And I never would have thought I would be a home schooling mom!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
oredeb
by on Jul. 28, 2011 at 11:22 AM

another unexpected thing for me is to be still homeschooling!!!!

shjohnson
by on Jul. 28, 2011 at 11:26 AM
Never though my son would be the type of person he is. At 8 he is very outgoing.

Never expected non of my kids would look nothing like me.

Never thought I would have 4 kids. Never thought my kid wouldn't be in a traditional classroom.

Never expected my son to have learning difficulties.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Gumberly
by on Jul. 29, 2011 at 3:56 PM
I never expected to have my first born weigh 10lbs 9 Oz at birth (which was 2 1/2 weeks early) or my twins to weigh in at (DD) 8lbs 7 Oz and (DS)7lbs 11 Oz at birth (which was 3 1/2 weeks early)
i never expected to have twins. That was a total shock despite the fact that my biological contributor(i dont like to call him my father because he doesnt deserve that kind of credit) was a twin.
I never expected that said twins would look totally different, my DD looked like her older brother at birth my DS was the totally opposite. My older DS and DD were both born with dark thick hair (although older DS is now a blond) my secnod DS was born with little whisps of blond hair.
I never expected to have my DH be gone over seas for nearly 2 years and me to handle it as well as I did.
I never expected to be homeschooling. Infact I thought homeschoolers where kid shelter lunatics (turns out I am the reformed idiot lol).
Wow I never really sat down and thought about all the unexpecteds at one time before. I could probably wrote a novel.
Xakana
by on Jul. 29, 2011 at 7:14 PM

Um... I honestly can't think of anything I didn't expect! We knew our first daughter would have red hair, due to my family history and our combined genetics. We knew we had the potential to produce a child with any color hair after. We expected at least one child with ADHD and seem to have one. We expected at least one child with an artistic temperament and seem to have that in our second. I expected issues with a daughter born in January--she's stubborn and contrary... but I didn't expect to still understand her and get along as well as I do ;) We knew we could end up with a really tall kid or an average kid--we've got one of each.

I guess I didn't expect to have 3 girls. I didn't expect them to love each other so much with their age difference (2 years and some change) considering that my nieces had that age gap and DESPISE each other. I didn't expect them to love things like broccoli and brussel sprouts, lol. I didn't expect to have babies over 8lbs (I was 7.5 and DH was 5lb, 10oz, but my mom smoked and he was a preemie--both of our sisters' first borns were 8lbs, 7oz), much less have them both be the exact same weight--8lbs, 7oz! I didn't expect to go to 42 weeks or have a cesarean, but the cesarean had nothing to do with the kids.

Other than possibly a political rift, I can't think of anything that would really surprise me. Unless we end up with a kid with brown eyes. That would be utterly unexpected.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN