Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

So we all had these visions before our children were born of what they may be like or look like or just thoughts in general.... with that said... list some things about your child(ren) that you didn't expect to be that are!  lol 

I never ever in a million years would have thought I'd have a red head (my youngest)

I never would have expected my 9yr old son to have Autism (shoot I didn't even know what it was when I was pregnant with him)

I expected my 9yr old to come out with blonde blonde hair like his older brother.. instead it was DARK BROWN!  And a lot of it!

I really didn't think my 7yr old would have his fathers toes (crazy long 2nd longer than big toe)... poor kid, he does hahaha

I thought my oldest was going to be a big kid, he's just a tiny guy.... way small for 11. 

I'm sure I could think of more but this will do for now...

So what's your story?

Married, Self Employed, Homeschooling mom to 4 amazing boys!

Matthew (11) Andrew (9) Jordan (7) and Devon (2)

Follow me to http://www.cafemom.com/group/114079 to meet other Homeschooling Moms!

by on Jul. 25, 2011 at 9:54 PM
Replies (11-14):
Earthy_Mom
by on Jul. 29, 2011 at 7:16 PM

Well the first surprise, was to my mother, she caught my son as he came out and had a moment of "what is that?" because of all the hair (all her kids, including me, had been bald at birth).

I didn't expect that his nearly pitch black hair would go blond as he got older (his father's did too though, and then went back to being dark, so I am assuming my son will too). I didn't expect him to want to grow his hair long either, but right now, it's longer than mine lol.

I didn't expect him to be so much like me... sometimes it's like arguing with myself.

I could go on... there is a lot I didn't expect from my son, or any child, and a lot I didn't expect as a mother.

2turtles
by on Jul. 31, 2011 at 12:12 AM

I never expected all 3 to have blue eyes and blond hair when daddy has brown!

I never expected them to be small compared to their peers when my husband is 6'3

I never expected to be such a nervous mom. I was always so daring as a kid!

I never expected to not have a back yard for them to play in :(

I never expected my son to hate sports and my daughter to love cars.

I never expected to home school

I wouldn't change a thing! 

AbundanceMagnet
by on Jul. 31, 2011 at 7:45 AM

I have really enjoyed this post!!!!!  Thanks ladies!!! :)  <hugs>

Silverkitty
by Bronze Member on Jul. 31, 2011 at 1:12 PM
I never thought I would have two children 10 years apart.
Never thought I would be a stay at home mom who homeschools.
Never thought I would marry a military man.
Never thought I would be so happy of the little things in life.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)