Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Registration Form HELP!

Posted by on Jul. 26, 2011 at 1:35 PM
  • 4 Replies

I am registering my daughter for grade primary (we have 13 grades in Canada starting at grade primary and then it goes from grade 1-12)

So.. on the form it asks about what curriculum I am going to use OR if I am developing my own and if so they want a description of the program for each subject.

Has anyone else done this before?

I don't know where to begin with describing the curriculum. I have lots of ideas about what I will be doing this year, but with nothing really set in stone how do I outline each subject on paper?

Can someone give me an example of what they put for their program descriptions for one or more of the subjects you did with your child?

ANY HELP would be greatly appreciated! Thanks so much :)

by on Jul. 26, 2011 at 1:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
oredeb
by on Jul. 26, 2011 at 3:03 PM
AbundanceMagnet
by on Jul. 26, 2011 at 9:31 PM

Oh wow that would be kind of difficult!  So many things in each subject to teach.  We don't have those requirements here in FL.  I hope someone here can help you and/or those links are helpful!!!! Maybe just do short descriptions of what you will be teaching for each subject?  EX: Math:  addition, subtraction, place value, etc..? I'm sorry I'm not more help :(

danie24
by on Jul. 27, 2011 at 10:06 AM

Thank you, guys! Will check out the links :)

ToraMay
by on Jul. 27, 2011 at 10:19 AM

I can not find the original summary that I copied from, but what I do is list the subjects then what I am going to teach and in what order. For example:

Social Skills

•·                     Discussing importance of social skills

•·                     Modeling positive, age-appropriate behaviors

•·                     Applying appropriate behaviors with reminders

•·                     Topics of instruction: support for siblings, being proud of self and others

•·                     Skills we practice every day: using inside voice, proper behavior in waiting turns, making appropriate choices, using words to solve problems

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)