Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Getting Ready to start!

Posted by on Jul. 27, 2011 at 3:44 PM
  • 10 Replies

I'm currently in the process of getting everything ready for our curriculum start date. We school year round, but the curriculum we're using starts in August and ends in May. I supplement my own curric for the off months. I'm currently figuring out everything I'll need and getting a basic structure formulated. How's your planning coming along?

by on Jul. 27, 2011 at 3:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Boobah
by Nikki :) on Jul. 27, 2011 at 4:20 PM
We are all planned out. Just need to organize!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JoyfulMommyof2
by on Jul. 27, 2011 at 4:44 PM

Yahh!  My son just carried in the last box of books from Rainbow Resource that I was waiting on.  We now can begin Monday as planned.  WooHoo!  I'm so excited.  I'm familiar with the curriculums that I'll be using, and it's all predivided (Is that a word?) into daily lessons.  We'll just begin lesson 1 on Monday.  I love new books!!  My kiddos also get excited about new books.  That's the best part!!

JoyfulMommyof2

busy mom

fygfitness_mom
by on Jul. 27, 2011 at 8:58 PM

We received our materials from AZVA and are just getting the classroom ready. We start next Wednesday.

oredeb
by on Jul. 27, 2011 at 9:10 PM

its coming along great!!  just working on some worksheets, experiments, field trips!

cedailey
by on Jul. 27, 2011 at 9:13 PM

The last book I need is coming, lesson plans and routines are made, and I'm ready to go.  Just 2 1/2 more weeks.

wright1212
by on Jul. 28, 2011 at 8:08 AM

Since I am using lessonpathways online and just adding all my own, and my son works at 2yearold skills (he is 8) we decided to just start now and build up to 4hours by mid august. Right now we are at 2hours of just the core so doing good. I am still going nuts buying supplies with all these awesome sales. I just spent $38 at Staples and entered 3 rebates and will end up having paid $13! Love it!  I wont mention all the organizing I am still plowing through daily.

Mommy to Corbin (8-epilepsy,autism, add) Kayla (6) Collin (1.5), Wife to Ben-OT, and I love teaching- M.Ed Early Childhood. SAHM & Homeschooling. Come watch us at www.youtube.com/user/1212wright

MommaChell
by on Jul. 29, 2011 at 12:20 AM

Sounds great all, I'm so glad to hear that things are coming along well for you! I'll be praying for all my fellow homeschooling moms; it's such a busy time of year for us.

Maridel
by on Jul. 29, 2011 at 12:51 AM

Im excited I finally got everything planned out today and finally decided what we are doing for math. So all curricula is planned out and ready! Just need to order her music program, we will be trying Kinderbach this year. and just try to get clean and organized around the house as possible, considering we are transitioning furniture so not everything is quite where it goes. But the house is always a project cause we are always waiting on the money for the "next thing". I'm so excited to have everything and we are ready for a fun and busy year! Just gonna enjoy a few more weeks of vacation though lol

swim-mom72
by on Jul. 29, 2011 at 7:18 AM

We just finished week 2! woohoo! This will be our first year to try a year-round schedule. There were a couple of glitches due to buying a teacher guide that was a couple of years old and a new print resource book*ugh*but it has been pretty good otherwise.

mammato6
by on Jul. 30, 2011 at 4:29 PM

We didn't finish last semester's curriculum (I was on bedrest for most of my pregnancy so not a lot got done with Daddy filling in! LOL) so we are going to finish chugging through that for Math, Reading and Language Arts. I am still in the planning stages for our unit studies for Science and History as well as finishing up set up of our new school room! We just moved into a house with enough bedrooms and a school room! I am so excited! The problem is finding the time to get it all planned and organized, but now that Hubby is done with summer school, he will have more time to take the kids out and leave me with planning! 3 more weeks until we start our new year on Aug 22! Same day that Hubby starts fall classes!

Kristina~
Stay At Home/Homeschooling Mom to:
Lillian 7/00, Nora 7/01,
Holly 10/04, Evelyn 5/06, Andrew 2/08, Rory 5/09, Natalie 2/11
family in the van                in love
                             Married to my Wonderful since 8/99

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN