Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Best homeschool moment?

Posted by on Jul. 27, 2011 at 3:53 PM
  • 7 Replies

I've come across some pretty great homeschooled moments that have been shared in some of the resources I've used. Some crack me up, some touch my heart, and all of them have inspired me. One of the most memorable being from a mom who's daughter was having trouble reading (dyslexia). Her daughter broke down in tears and her mother was able to tell her that being homeschooled her daughter would have all the time she need and she'd be with her every step of the way.

What's been your best homeschool moment thus far?

by on Jul. 27, 2011 at 3:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Homeschoolmom99
by Member on Jul. 27, 2011 at 4:35 PM

Once some paintings in a museum had been labled as Diego Rivera and my child walked up and said um no that is an early Salvador Dali well they said no and asked uo to come into the office and sure enough Ant was right

JoyfulMommyof2
by on Jul. 27, 2011 at 4:38 PM

That is too awesome!  How old is your child?

oredeb
by debbie on Jul. 27, 2011 at 9:18 PM

wow thats neat!!!!!!

Quoting Homeschoolmom99:

Once some paintings in a museum had been labled as Diego Rivera and my child walked up and said um no that is an early Salvador Dali well they said no and asked uo to come into the office and sure enough Ant was right

Homeschoolmom99
by Member on Jul. 27, 2011 at 9:22 PM

At the time 7 he is 11 now

Quoting JoyfulMommyof2:

That is too awesome!  How old is your child?

Homeschoolmom99
by Member on Jul. 27, 2011 at 9:23 PM

Oh and I have others we went to a five star place for mothers day and the waitstaff came to ask why he was so well mannered and Ant said "I am home schooled my mother uses each minute of the day to teach me not put me on a bus each day"

oredeb
by debbie on Jul. 28, 2011 at 11:21 AM

when dd3 picked up a book and started reading like nothing and she was only 3!!!! she wasnt even being taught to read yet, but she had been listening all this time!

MommaChell
by on Jul. 29, 2011 at 12:06 AM

WOW, truly inspirational stuff Ladies! I hope to have some jewels like these in my memory bank someday soon. Thanks for sharing :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)