Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

What's your best kid friendly-mother approved snack?

Posted by on Jul. 27, 2011 at 3:59 PM
  • 8 Replies

If asked, my kids will name peanut butter in their snack choice every time. I will often give them peanut butter as a topping or as a dip for fruits and veggies. It doesn't take long to prepare and I can couple it with healthy foods. What's yours?

by on Jul. 27, 2011 at 3:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
TroyboysMom
by on Jul. 28, 2011 at 6:11 AM

My son loves peanut butter. Peanut butter and celery, peanut butter and carrots...if it has peanut butter, he's sold! He also is a big fan of cheese. I will usually buy the block cheese and cut it into shapes or counters or something.

wright1212
by on Jul. 28, 2011 at 8:04 AM

PICKLES, i keep a giant jar of kosher/dill spears and a small jar of sweet cherkins. So easy and yummy. Cheese in all forms. We have really been into crackers with hummus and bananas with nutella lately. I also keep what ever fruit is on sale, this week strawberries and grapefruit, others grapes, apples, peaches, plums. Oh and trailmix is always good too.

Mommy to Corbin (8-epilepsy,autism, add) Kayla (6) Collin (1.5), Wife to Ben-OT, and I love teaching- M.Ed Early Childhood. SAHM & Homeschooling. Come watch us at www.youtube.com/user/1212wright

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Jul. 28, 2011 at 8:08 AM
My girls love veggie straws, crackers and cheese, apple slices, blueberries, Graham crackers and pb.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ToraMay
by on Jul. 28, 2011 at 8:52 AM

Reece is my only broccoli snacker. Peanut butter is a big hit, as are trail mixes, applesauce, graham crackers, celery and carrots.

oredeb
by on Jul. 28, 2011 at 11:13 AM

my kids loved to go down to the garden and graze when they wanted a snack in the summer time,

winter- peanut butter and crackers and cheese

Precious333
by Silver Member on Jul. 28, 2011 at 11:18 AM

we like peanutbutter apples or celery or even popcorn (more like a dessert). We also like yogurt, or even put yougurt in the freezer and have frozen yogurt (I buy plain and put my own stuff in it to make it sweet...like homemade jam or some sweet fruit with raw honey).

shjohnson
by on Jul. 28, 2011 at 11:20 AM
Canned pineapples, my toddlers love them!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommaChell
by on Jul. 29, 2011 at 12:16 AM

I make a pot-pie stew that they favor and will ask for at snack time if they know I've got leftovers. They also love fruit in any form, hot cereal, smoothies, crackers and hummus. They really like fruit cereal- I put chopped fresh and dried fruit in a bowel, splash it with some nut milk, and sprinkle coconut, cinnamon, and flax meal on top. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)