Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Creating your own worksheets?

Posted by on Jul. 27, 2011 at 4:03 PM
  • 6 Replies

There seem to be more than a few places online where you can create and print your own worksheets. Which sites do you use and why?

by on Jul. 27, 2011 at 4:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
kandyjohn
by on Jul. 27, 2011 at 5:57 PM

www.time4learning.com is a great site my son used it all the time no breaks for the summer for him and he is 12,plus i can make him up sheets and goals too acheive for himself

Maridel
by on Jul. 27, 2011 at 8:16 PM

I use this site : http://www.handwritingworksheets.com/flash/cursive/index.htm

Cause my DD decided she wants to learn cursive and I don't want to spend anymore money on curriculum and buying Cursive First. So I go to this site, type what I want her to practice, print and voila!

wright1212
by on Jul. 27, 2011 at 9:02 PM

I personally dislike worksheets alot and much prefer real materials. We are using the end of DD's math workbook from public school then thats it. Ive invested alot in dry erase boards, board books, various markers ect. I have one I can write out things and slide it in so she writes overtop without marking through. We use LessonPathways and if I see a worksheet with skills she needs, I either make similar with real materials or dry erase or scrap paper. I hate wasting so much printing to practice for a second. KWIM? but this is JMO, no arguments here.

Mommy to Corbin (8-epilepsy,autism, add) Kayla (6) Collin (1.5), Wife to Ben-OT, and I love teaching- M.Ed Early Childhood. SAHM & Homeschooling. Come watch us at www.youtube.com/user/1212wright

oredeb
by on Jul. 27, 2011 at 9:08 PM

i dont use any of those places , they seem  hard to use, but it would probably be quicker and easier if i did! i use microsoft on my comp. to make my worksheets

TroyboysMom
by on Jul. 28, 2011 at 6:10 AM

When we use worksheets, I make my own. Occasionally I'll google different ones to see if there are elements I like, but most of the time we don't use them anyway.

MommaChell
by on Jul. 29, 2011 at 12:31 AM

I've thought about trying to make my own, but I haven't dedicated the time to it. It's on my list :) thanks for the site leads!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)