Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

does anyone not do the immunizations/physical for religious reasons?

Posted by   + Show Post

We are starting to homeschool this year, and I signed up for an umbrella/private school for them so we didnt have to register with the state ... but now we are supposed to either send in a recent physical/immunization form, OR just say we dont want to for religious reasons (write and sign it).  Well neither of mykids need a physical or immunizations right now so I really just feel like saying the "religious reasons" and not doing it....has anyone done this?  Is it ever a problem?  Or should I just bite the bullet and take them in? 

Thanks! 

by on Jul. 27, 2011 at 8:09 PM
Replies (11-11):
misselphaba
by on Jul. 29, 2011 at 11:52 PM

If they are all caught up on shots and just the dates on the forms are no good, if you call your pediatrician, they can just print out a newly dated form.  My office will mail it or fax it to me ~ I think they email them now, too. 

Quoting fairybaby55:

Quoting misselphaba:

It should just be their most recent well-check visit.  You don't have to go have one especially done.  Doesn't your doctor give you paperwork after their well-checks?

They haven't gone in about 3-4 yrs.... they just dont need to go though right now... they are fine and updated on shots also.  My oldest will need a couple shots but not til 7th grade it says.  She is in 6th and my middle daughter is in 4th.  The forms are supposed to be within 1 year.....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)